Kentucky

A Lexington wedding for $10K?

Ladies,
Is it possible to have a simple but large wedding in Lexington for $10-12K? Guest range of 150-200.

I know places like Keeneland, Griffin Gate and Signature Club are out because of cost. I assume that also includes the Boone Center and Lyric Theater.

Places like Bell House, Loudon House, Bodley-Bullock, Hunt-Morgan and Arts Place are out because of size.

Would Campbell House, Barrell House, Tates Creek Ballroom (I still can't find a single photo of this place on the web) or Red Mile fit the bill?

We don't need a ton of bells and whistles, but we do want to avoid chopping treasured friends and family off the list.

Re: A Lexington wedding for $10K?

• Its possible, but you have to get and look at the places. Oh and pick a Friday or Sunday date, Prices are signifigantly less at most places. And don't cut a place just because of price automatically. You have to remember that different places include different things in the price. My fiance created a spreadsheet after we looked at all the places that totaled everything up and figured out how much we would have to pay for what where. Some places include china and linen, some don't. One place included a dj. On place included food and alcohol in the price. On place we could bring our own alcohol. Some places charge corkage fees.  We are doing a quite l Here are the places you should look at. If you only want to look at places in Fayette County try Barrell House, The Signatur Club, and The Thouroughbred Center, and at the top of the heap you should look at Spindletop Hall (It might squeak into your price when you crunch the numbers).If you are willing to go to surrounding counties then you have more options. There is The Cardome Center, Castle Hill Winery (This is where I am getting married), Lone Oaks Golf Course and Country Club, Christian Mills Winery, The Berry Hill Mansion.

All of those places should fit in your budget.

The biggest saver might be using The Brides Assistant. I did a revue of her the other day. She will make sure you stay on budget and she knows where to find all the cheapest. I know it might seem counter productive to spend money to save money but its not. She isn't that expensive, and if you want any decor at allshe has a lot of the thing you normally rent. If you sign with her, you get to borrow her stuff. She keeps all the things running smoothly so you don't have to worry about it. You might want to at least have a consultation with her. Her name is Brandan. Her number is 859-227-4942 Tell her Karen Sent you.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Thanks for the great info. I wonder if the bride assistant works in Louisville as well that is where I am getting married. I live in Lexinton but will be getting married in Louisville.
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_a-lexington-wedding-for-10k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:4148447b-155f-4729-b664-d7093e5424b2Post:82df7c50-0036-4894-8768-945517f2ed74">Re: A Lexington wedding for $10K?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the great info. I wonder if the bride assistant works in Louisville as well that is where I am getting married. I live in Lexinton but will be getting married in Louisville.
    Posted by JG&MD2013[/QUOTE]

I believe she does, but once she goes past a certain amount of miles outside of Lexington there is a fee involved for travel I believe. I never paid too close of attention to that part since it didn't apply to me.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • If you are or you know someone who is a resident of Jessamine County. This place looks nice http://jessamineco.com/?page_id=262

It's called High Bridge Park Pavilion in Wilmore, KY
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That place is really pretty, but it is an all outdoor venue ans its overlooking the river. My fiance had a picknick there right before we decided on a spot. Lots of mesquitos and flies and ants. Depends on what time of year you are going for and what type of feel you are going for whether is this is a viable option. Good things about it though are the view and the dance floor. Its a old 1940's dance park, so it does have a nice dance floor.
  • How about a Lexington for $5K?
  • consider Boone Tavern in Berea, KY. My fiance and I really liked it but we're looking for something a little different. It's a dry county so you can bring your own beer/wine. They have packages starting at $25 pp and that's including servers and china and all and you don't pay extra for the venue. It's really nice, you should check it out
  • I've actually planned a wedding for under $5000, and it is possible. Think outside of the box with regard to time of day and locations. Getting married earlier in the day, saves you money because that is off peak. Having the ceremoney on aother day than Saturday can also save you a lot of money, and opens up the full weekend to honeymoon plans.

There are a lot of good recommendations here, and I've worked with most of them. We're doing a wedding at the Lyric Theater in May, and they have been great to work with so far. Lexington Women's Club on Broadway has a great space at a good price. Signature Club & Thoroughbred Center are also great locations at a great value. Any city-owned location will be less expensive, Tate's Creek Ballroom, Bell House, etc.

Try some of the smaller local wineries around Lexington, and even beyond. Cedar Creek Winery near Somerset has a beautiful space and is a great value.

And look for restaurants with large meeting space. We've even had a wedding at Bella Notte on a Saturday afternoon, and it didn't cost the guest anything. The wedding was at 2pm and people ate afterwards. That's our slowest period of time here at the restaurant, of course I'm going to be thriled to have a group here at the time. And the wedding was beautiful.

People have weddings for under $5000 all the time. A good event planner should be able to steer you in the right direction.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_a-lexington-wedding-for-10k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:4148447b-155f-4729-b664-d7093e5424b2Post:ee3c443b-72bd-4204-b04d-67511a782c5d">Re: A Lexington wedding for $10K?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How about a Lexington for $5K?
    Posted by Jazzgurl01[/QUOTE]
  • Consider the Barr House in Paris, reasonable and amazing caterer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards