Canada-Vancouver
Options

Lodge/ Camp wedding

What I would really in a venue is a space that would let me have a campfire outdoors where guests could roast marshmallows and make smores. I've been looking at lodges and there are a few possibilities in Squamish and up the sunshine coast. So far I like Brew Creek Lodge (between Squamish and Whistler), but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/ suggestions?

Re: Lodge/ Camp wedding

• Options
    stepnerstepner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really have a suggestion for a lodge (sorry!) but down across the border at Semiahmoo Resort, they have a relaly nice reception area overlooking the water and then they have a bonfire area where they suggest doing rehearsals with marshmallows and smores, etc. I know it's not quite what you're looking for but it's a beautiful spot and the only place that I've seen that offers bonfires. Good luck!
  • Options
    igloodboxesigloodboxes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Campbell River (I Know, a ferry ride away) has a lodge called Dolphins.  Google it.  We almost had our wedding there, but it was too small for our crowd.  It seats about 50 for dinner.  Brew Creek lodge is beautiful too!  It's 1/2 hour south of Whistler. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tyax Mountain Lodge outside of Whistler would also be beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Strathcona Park Lodge on Vancouver Island. It's just North of Campbell River. Look it up online - If I could I'd have my wedding there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the Easter Seal camp in Squamish is sometimes available for rent. They were redoing the dining hall (I think that's what the building was) when I was there a few yrs ago.
  • Options
    pavingtheroadpavingtheroad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the fraser river lodge in Agassiz.  Plenty of accomodations, outdoor firepits and b&bs close by. 
    www.fraserriverlodge.com

Great prices and great staff too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards