New Jersey

spa in nyc

any recommendations? need to get FSIL a gift card

Re: spa in nyc

• edited December 2011
    Why not just get a Spa Finder gift card and let her choose where she wants to go?
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

http://www.blissworld.com/

My FSIL goes here and you can order gift certs online.  I think there's atleast 2-3 locations in the city.

• dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like Chelsea's idea of a spafinder giftcard, but if you want a specific place, I usually go to Oasis Day Spa on Park Ave. They have other locations in the city and they usually have good deals.
  • edited December 2011
    1.Saks has a spa -5th Avenue
    2.Red Door -I think that is the name (5th Avenue)

Agree with SpaFinder
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red Door is on Fifth Avenue but is not at Saks. 

What service do you think she'll want?  Bliss spas are pretty and cool to hang out in before/after services, but I find their facials really unimpressive.  It is probably worth it for the experience and for the convenience (because there are a bunch of locations), but if she really likes facials and is picky about them I wouldn't go for Bliss.

And I don't know if I would do Spa Finder for the city -- looking at the list, it is mostly really random, no-name spas that may or may not be decent.  A lot of the good ones aren't on there.

I really like Ajune on the Upper East Side for facials, but if she doesn't live in that neighborhood it can be far.  Haven is good, the Mandarin Oriental is super expensive but awesome, La Prairie at the Ritz Carlton is really good.  Christine Chin and Tracie Martyn are also really expensive but very good for facials.
  • lyss3210lyss3210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oasis on Park is my favorite.  IThey have a nice waiting room and great treatments.  I've heard really good things about Great Jones spa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards