Nevada-Las Vegas

How do we announce elopement??

When we get back, what are we supposed to do to let people know we've eloped?

What's customary, and is it tacky to send just a photo postcard to people?

FYI our wedding info was all done via word of mouth, we hadn't even sent out our STDs before we decided to elope...

Ideas?

Re: How do we announce elopement??

• cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wha...?!  I don't know about the answer to the question, I'm just surprised at the post.  Are you still doing that lovely dress you picked out?  In the interest of addressing the actual topic...I would think a nice card perhaps incorporating your photo would be appropriate.  I wouldn't necessarily go POSTcard, but in all honesty, I don't know real etiquette on this one.

• edited December 2011
    I found these...Not sure about the etiquette end of this but...I am assuming you already told people so that they are not making travel arrangements, etc..So I would think it would be ok.

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/product/6903/wedding_announcement_postcards_iconic_vegas.html
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could send out a wedding announcement, which can be as formal or informal as you like.  (A formal wedding announcement is pretty much the same as a formal wedding invitation, with the wording changed to indicate that the event has already taken place.)

Are you giving your family any heads up before, or is everyone finding out after?  I know my parents would have been livid if I'd gotten married without telling them...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    We had friends that eloped (not to Vegas though).  They send a photo postcard announcement with info about their AHR.  I thought it was really cute. 
  • edited December 2011
    When my sister eloped, they sent out wedding annoucements with a cutesy poem on it.  She included a photo of her and her husband with it.
    As aerin said, they can be an formal or informal as you want.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Like everyone else is saying... i'm sending a photo announcement. We'll be taking photos similar to engagement photos with an "announcing mr. and mrs.rain2reese" banner type thing across the top with a personalized note.

It can be as fancy or simple as you'd like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw some SUPER cute postcard/photo like things SOMEWHERE...now if only I could remember where...let me think about it and I will post if I remember--darn brain!
  • edited December 2011
    You call me...and I show up at your wedding...then I blab to everyone I know and it eventually gets back around to your family.... hahahahaha

but in all seriousness... I like the Married Las Vegas post cards that Stinker posted. They are cute and fun....so I would probably do something along those lines.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards