Hawaii

What time of day are you getting married??

Hi ladies!
Are any of you getting/or gotten married in April or May in Hawaii? Im getting married in early May and im not sure what time of day is best. I'd like an evening wedding but i also dont want the sun glaring in my eyes. I see sunset is at 7pm.I'm wondering if 645 would be ok? But then it will be dark for pictures!  What time are you all getting married?
Thanks!!
Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery

Re: What time of day are you getting married??

• I'm getting married on Maui in April and our ceremony is at 5 pm. 
  • I got married in July with sunset at 7:10ish.  Our ceremony was scheduled to start at 5:30 but they tell me it was about 15 min late, had a 30 min ceremony, so that put us at 6:15, took pics around the house and did interviews with the videographer while doing individual pics, then went down to the beach (5 minute drive) for sunset pics.  We felt rushed for our sunset pictures.  Probably would have started the ceremony on time ;) or schedule for 5:15. 

Having it early enough to have the sun out nice and bright and having sunset shots, really gave us a nice variety of pictures.  The sun was in our eyes a little but we tried to angle away from it, so I didnt feel like it was a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got married around 4 pm; had lots of time for cocktail hour and sunset photos. A good WC will have good ideas / opinions on this.
  • We got married last April 5 at Olowalu and the ceremony started at 4:30 and lasts til about 5ish and then we had a cocktail hour while we took group photos and sunset pictures. The sunset was at 6:42pm that day so....
    Anniversary
  • We got married May 21 in Maui and our ceremony started at 5:30 and we had pics taken until the sun fully set at 7 PM. 
  • Thanks so much ladies for your replies! We set the ceremony time to 530! One more thing off the list!!
    Love is being stupid together.-Paul Valery
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards