Snarky Brides
Options

Moments you'll always remember

Re: Moments you'll always remember

• Options
    Ha, any. Thats funny! I bet that did bruise his ego.
  • Options
    -Driving up the alcan (Alaskan highway) in my dad's car singing to the My Girl  soundtrack. Because of this, I'd kind of like my father daughter dance to be "Benny and the Jets"
  • Options
    Any you are such a BETCH!

Stacey that little church girl sounds mean.  There was a boy I went to church girl who was mean to me too.  He's still a douche.
    panther
  • Options
    Hey, he said some not so nice things about me too! =P

Not to mention, he left the used condom and the empty bottle of rum under my bed instead of in the garbage, and yeah, my aunt cleaned my room the next day. That was a fun conversation with my mother.
  • Options
    These are all making me tear up, it's making me recall so much from my life.

-Where we were when H told me he loved me and exactly what he said.
    -The last time I spoke to my grandmother. It was one day before she died.
    -Giving our dog her first bath.
    -Going fishing in Florida with my grandpa.
    -Waking up hungover after my mom, grandpa and I drank too much at Pop's Sunset Grille in Florida.
    -The first time I drove my first car, and almost backing into another car, oops.
  • Options
    yep, she was a jerk. What makes me mad is that I don't remember my response to her.. Did I cry? Laugh? I have no idea...
  • Options
    Also, I feel bad I ruined the thread with my lolsex story when everyone else had such nice memories.
  • Options
    stacey- In 1st grade this boy Cameron used to pick on me calling me "A man, duh!" my response to him was "at least my name doesn't sound like camera!"
    Oh yea, I'm sooo mean :P
  • Options
    When I met FI. It was a blind date. That went horribly wrong.

The day I found out I was pregnant. I cried that entire day and most of the following two weeks.

When We found out we were having a girl.

When my water broke. I was scared, actually I was terrified.

When Cam finally arrived. I thought she looked like an alien.

The day FI proposed. I was way pissed at him for up and disappearing on me.
  • Options

I like your story, any. It made me laugh. No one wants to read a bad memory thread, it would be depressing.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:85595431-7a1c-4a6f-a433-5c737e122c25">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like your story, any. It made me laugh. No one wants to read a bad memory thread, it would be depressing.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, if you got a kick out of it, I'm happy. It's my second favourite story, next to knocking my ex unconscious during. (The result of him trying to throw me down or something, and a really bouncy air mattress; I caught him right under the chin with the top of my head).</div>
  • Options
    A couple of years after DH and I broke up when we were first dating, I had gone over to visit his parents.  He was there and said, "Wow.  You look great!  You've lost a lot of weight; you can really see it in your face!"

Thanks, hun.  I've had a chin complex ever since. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ha, that's awesome. I don't have any good sex stories, I'm boring. Other than the one time that while H and I were fooling around, Whisky started licking my toe. I started laughing and couldn't stop.

And EW there's a roach on the ceiling. H is asleep. I may have a panic attack while attempting to kill this bastard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:1d760e3a-37fc-4878-8ee0-5309924dc1c2">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, that's awesome. I don't have any good sex stories, I'm boring. Other than the one time that while H and I were fooling around, Whisky started licking my toe. I started laughing and couldn't stop. And EW there's a roach on the ceiling. H is asleep. I may have a panic attack while attempting to kill this bastard.

<div>Bahaha. I'm pretty sure I'd have cracked up too.</div><div>
    </div><div>Roaches are gross, omg. I get ladybugs on my ceiling in the summer, and while it doesn't sound that bad, I really really hate ladybugs and smush them as soon as I can.</div>
  • Options
    It's all good. I knocked it down with a broom, stifled a girly scream when it almost landed on my foot, and smushed it with a huge wad of toilet paper. Then it got flushed. Whisky just laid there and watched. He is not a good watch cat/bug killer.

Ladybugs are pretty. How can you hate them?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:96040d15-3450-4803-b7ab-aacfb9524152">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's all good. I knocked it down with a broom, stifled a girly scream when it almost landed on my foot, and smushed it with a huge wad of toilet paper. Then it got flushed. Whisky just laid there and watched. He is not a good watch cat/bug killer. Ladybugs are pretty. How can you hate them?

<div>I went to this water park when we were having a HUGE Asian lady bug invasion, and the tower for the water slide was quite literally covered in them. They crawled all over my feet and bit me and were gross. I've been scarred ever since.</div>
  • Options
    I'm that way with grasshoppers. I was playing on our swingset when I was little and a swarm of those huge yellow and black grasshoppers jumped all over me. It scarred me and seeing one makes my heart race now.
  • Options
    Ew ew ew. I just hate bugs in general. And spiders. Especially spiders. When I was living with FI, I had this big, black spider crawl down my face. I screamed, or tried to anyways, and freaked out and ripped off my sweater and did a funky dance around the apartment.
  • Options
    Taryn ate a stinkbug the other day.  Bit it in half, actually.  Fun times for all.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ew, I hate spiders on me. On the floor, fine, but don't touch me.

I understand the funky dance. We were helping a friend move at this crappy apartment complex a few months ago and I felt something hit my hair. I swatted it away and felt it crawl IN MY JACKET. I could feel it on my arm but couldn't get to it because of the sleeves. So I started panicking and doing my own funky dance trying to rip the jacket off while H yelled "Stop moving like a crazy person and let me help!"

Yeah, it was the biggest roach I've ever seen. Ugh. I had scratch marks over my chest and arms from trying to get it off of me.
  • Options
    I am late to this thread but I will never forget the night when I came home from dance class and laid in bed and did not walk for over 2 months after that. It was Valentines day 2007.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Okay, okay, subject change. I'm going to have nightmares. 

Speaking of which, most of my dreams actually could be Stephen King novels.
  • Options
    Dude, I had a dream last night about someone killing Whisky. It was HORRIBLE. And unfortunately, I have more nightmares than happy dreams. H's solution? "Think about happy stuff."

I have the kind of dreams that feel so real that you end up feeling what you felt in the dream the entire next day. I dread going to sleep every night it's so bad. It's probably the cause of my insomnia.

Hapy thoughts!

• Options
    Lol, awww Whiskey. 

Mine are just weird. Like, I'm scared in them, but when I wake up I'm like wtf just happened?

For instance, last night I had a dream that the world was dominated by two new strains of bacteria from space. One was purple, and one was yellow, and the yellow bacteria took over the world via mind control. Then I was in my old elementary school playground when the yellow bacteria-dominated human army stormed in, guns blazing, and had us all on the ground where they were executing people and whatnot. It was like watching Children of Men, with a weird sci-fi twist.
  • Options
    The sequence of events on 9/11 - the phone call from Stacy about the first plane, watching the second one, and on from there. Realizing my now ex wasn't bothered by it at all. My work sent everyone home (and they evacuated downtown Charlotte for the most part).

The OKC bombing. One of the babies from the Y looked like one of my day care babies.

Feeling very important as a junior bridesmaid (I was 9) at my aunt's wedding.

My dad telling me my Poppa died. Being lucky enough to spend his last Father's Day as an entire family with him a week earlier.

Being with Granddaddy in his room when he passed away.

Watching my baby brother get married, and watching him cry at my first (of course, now I know its because he didn't want him as a BIL... :) )

My dad moving me out with the "moving and security crew"

Finding Maggie at the pound - coming back to see if the other family came to get her and leaving with her 10 minutes after their appointed time to come back.

My first "date" after 10 months of separation. In another state.

The first time John walked through my door/we met in person.

Taking Maggie in and holding her in my lap the whole way.

Going to the rescue league not really expecting to find anything, and leaving with Max.

The chapel doors opening and seeing a terrified groom, not looking at me, with his hands clutched in fists. He never once turned and looked at me - he looked at the wall, and he looked like he was going to faint. Hearing how hard it was for him to speak the vows, he was choked up and terrified.

Seeing Andy for the very first time. Having him call me Emmie for the first time.

Experiencing my first blizzard. And another, and another, and another.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    The first time driving by myself.  I was terrified of driving and didn't get my license until I was almost 19.  My first time driving by myself was under horrible circumstances, it was illegal, and I didn't even think twice about it.  I just grabbed my keys and went.
  • Options
    -The conversation H and I had about whether or not we were going to continue  our "fling" when I was leaving after Christmas break.  And when we decided we were going to make it official and try a LDR watching H write our anniversary on the side of his dresser.

-The first time I got thrown off my Mustang.  It was all slow motion and I still remember the panicked look on my mom's face when she came running across the arena after someone went to tell her I got thrown off and was on the ground and they were calling an ambulance.

-Watching my little brother get ready for his Senior homecoming a couple weeks ago.  It just hit me that day that he's all grown up and is going to be moving away soon.

-Our first look at the wedding

-Seeing my mom for the first time after I was in my wedding dress
  • Options
    I"m late, but oh well...

~finding out my mom was pregnant with my sister (we're 7 years apart), and being so excited to choose her middle name (same as mine.)
    ~seeing my dad cry at my high school graduation (still the only time I've seen him cry)
    ~driving for the first time, and immediately killing a goose in front of a bunch of little kids
    ~meeting FI
    ~our first time sleeping together and thinking (oh. THIS is sex.)
    ~trying not to get my hopes up the whole day he propose

• Options
    - The day they removed the wierd tube thing from my brother's chest. It was the creepiest thing I have ever seen. The tube wrapped around his heart, and they just pulled it out, no big deal. Eek.

-The day we adopted Jessie. She is our first baby, and it is one of my favorite memories.

-My grandparent's 50th anniversary party

-Watching my child hood dog pass away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_moments-youll-always-remember?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bb2c0c4c-08f6-4620-9935-ad22cf647f70Post:35a15ab9-5e83-43d1-a4c7-90632ea18e87">Re: Moments you'll always remember</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am late to this thread but I will never forget the night when I came home from dance class and laid in bed and did not walk for over 2 months after that. It was Valentines day 2007.
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]

Oh no, what happened??
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards