Pennsylvania-Central

Yellow Barn/Landis Valley Museum

Has anyone heard of or used this venue?  I saw some mixed reviews regarding the venue contacts not being proactive in setting deadlines, appointments, etc but I actually view that as a plus.  I've been in the events industry for a while and prefer to do my own thing most of the time.  Just curious if anyone has any experiences or insight they could share as we're looking to book one of the last remaining dates here. 

Thank you!

Re: Yellow Barn/Landis Valley Museum

• edited December 2011
    My best friend actually got married at the Yellow Barn this past September.  It was an amazingly beautiful night!  They had the actual wedding ceremony in the oak grove outside in front of the barn, and then the reception took place in the barn and in the courtyard behind the barn. 

The only downside of the location that I saw was that it was completely do-it-yourself, but it sounds like that might be your style so it wouldn't be a bad thing if it is. My boyfriend and I, and a few of her other friends, were actually at the venue all day.  We set everything up from the rows of chairs in the oak grove, down to the table linens and twinkle lights and decorations.  Also, another downside perhaps, the floors are uneven so it is highly recommended that women not wear heels to a wedding there as the floors are really uneven and it could make for some twisted ankles.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Yes, I am totally DIY so that is a plus for me :)  We would be using the old firehouse for the ceremony (November wedding) and I think the barn looks perfect for my country wedding! Thanks again!
  • MrsRebz2BeMrsRebz2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure what month your wedding is but i attended a summer wedding there and there were little nats or whatever all over the tables inside the barn. they chose white linens and they little bugs really showed up on them. asides from that the venue is beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got married there and it was very nice, I didn't hear her complain about anything either. My only complaint was the stupid walnuts! I was afraid I was going to fall on one or an elderly guest would fall on one of them but the wedding went off without a hitch, no one fell and it was beautiful. 
  • rm1259rm1259 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am looking at Landis Valley Museum for my wedding in August. The rental fees are pretty reasonable, and on the website they have the cost of tables and chairs listed, so you wouldn't need to get them from somwhere else. I'm going to visit tomorrow and am pretty excited!:)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in September (Labor Day weekend) in the Yellow Barn.  I've been dealing w/Joyce and she has always been responsive and very nice.  I haven't had any issues thus far. 

I had a few concerns and most of them werre mentioned by the other girls.  I too noticed lots of bugs, the floors are definitely uneven and the bathrooms are...not very nice.  With that said though, the rustic and DIY atmosphere was spot-on for the 'feel' I wanted in a venue.  The place is beautiful and with a little TLC, I think it will be great.  I hired a day-of coordinator who will assist with set-up/breakdown.  I cut corners on a few things to minimize set-up, like we're having kegs instead of bottles, so that we don't have to haul cases of beer.  Just a few small things.

If you have any questions, you can PM me.

I hope this helps and good luck in your search!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards