Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!

Hey ladies! I'm also still a 'newbie!' haha... I feel like I comment a lot but evidently not!! lol. Sooooo... who's up for a little game of Q&A like last night??? Keep 'em comin!

Q: Favorite Vacation Destination
Q: Favorite Childhood Fad
Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers
Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress
Q: Disney World or Disney Land

xo
12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!

• edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination so far...Florida Keys
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad Skip It
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers Creepy Crawlers
    Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress Ivory
    Q: Disney World or Disney Land World...never been. Our parents told us when my lil' sister turns 6 we can go, she is now 25 and we still haven't gone :)  will go someday soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination Paris!
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad Jelly Shoes!
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers Easy Bake Oven & BARBIE MANSION!
    Q: Disney World or Disney Land World!!!!!

after your post - throw out another Q to add! :)

12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I am trying to get to silver status so I am joining in :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination - San Diego or Maui

Q: Favorite Childhood Fad - Beanie babies

Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers - Easy Bake, although mine didn't last too long :(

Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress - Ivory

Q: Disney World or Disney Land - World.  Although I've been to Land much more recently

Q: First Celebrity crush: Zac Hanson <3 lol
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination Puerto Rico Someday I will go to Fiji
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad HmMm not sure.
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers Easy bake oven :)
    Q: Disney World or Disney Land Disney World
  • edited December 2011
    Q: First Celebrity crush: Jonathan Taylor Thomas!!! JTT!!! :)@kayla - HAHAHA. LOVE IT

Q: Favorite local radio station: KDWB Morning Show then Cities97!
  • edited December 2011
    1st celebrity crush: Joey from NKOTB

Radio Station = KS95 morning show!!!!

What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners: paid off our house!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination
    So far.. definitely Italy.. Capri, Italy :)
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad
    Definitely Beanie Babies.. I had 1000!
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers
    I think I actually liked creepy crawlers better.. or the dolls you used ot make like creepy crawlers!
    Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress
    Ivory
    Q: Disney World or Disney Land
    Disney World
  • edited December 2011
    What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners: Pay off my student loans! Damn private school...

If you could be doing ANYTHING else at this very moment, what would you be doing? Sleeping!
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh Lauren I also loved JTT!!!! He may have been before Zac now that I think of it :)

Radio Station : Also KDWB morning show and KFAN the rest of the day.

What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners:  Buy a new house....preferably on a beach :)

Favorite Restraunt? El Loro - I'm going tonight which is what made me think of it.  If you like Mexican food you MUST GO. 
  • edited December 2011
    If you could be doing ANYTHING else at this very moment, what would you be doing? Ditto the sleeping.  My new kitten and the storms kept waking me up last night :( OR be at home playing with my lil Lucy.

Extra: I don't think I posted her pic here but here is Lucy, who DH and I adopted last week:

She's tiny, only 1lb! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite Restraunt? Cheesecake Factory. Put anything Italian in front of me and I'll eat it... well, most of the time!

Favorite song of all time? 
    Tricky one but, either "Your Love" - The Outfield or "So Insane" - Discovery (new fav...)
  • EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:ad9bda94-899e-4b73-afca-41065b92f55b">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh Lauren I also loved JTT!!!! He may have been before Zac now that I think of it :) Radio Station : Also KDWB morning show and KFAN the rest of the day. What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners:  Buy a new house....preferably on a beach :) Favorite Restraunt? <strong>El Loro - I'm going tonight which is what made me think of it.  If you like Mexican food you MUST GO</strong>.  
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

LUCKY!!! Its so good! I love that place!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Okay another Q:

Beer of choice!? : Deschutes Black Butte or Leine's Nut Brown Ale!!! :)

• EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:862253a4-4684-4d59-ae10-005772d58750">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay another Q: Beer of choice!? : Deschutes Black Butte or Leine's Nut Brown Ale!!! :)
    Posted by LCW2LCO[/QUOTE]

right now its Primo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:2d1d885e-ffc8-4a5f-81b2-d970c96f3169">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite Restraunt? Cheesecake Factory. Put anything Italian in front of me and I'll eat it... well, most of the time! Favorite song of all time?  Tricky one but, either <strong>"Your Love" - The Outfield </strong>or "So Insane" - Discovery (new fav...)

SUCH a good song- it is on my must play list and is my MOHs favorite song also:)
  • edited December 2011
    So fun!!!

Keep posting Q's after answers too! :)

Q: Sweet, spicy or salty? Salty!
  • edited December 2011
    I will do a few:
    fave restaurant: chino latino, even though I never go there anymore

fave song of all time- Why Georgia by John Mayer- a good "life" song

Kayla that kitty is so cute! And only 1 lb jeez!

I will add some:
    Favorite clothing store: Lately has been LOFT

Favorite MSP bar: The Local

Favorite thing to cook (or bake):
    Seafood Lasagna- making it tonight

• edited December 2011
    Favorite clothing store: Anthropologie (when I can afford it!) otherwise, Gap & Heartbreaker lately

Favorite MSP bar: SHOUT HOUSE haha

Totally agree w/ the Lasagna comment! sans seafood though. :)
  • edited December 2011
    awww. look at you cute little newbies with no post count ;)

(feel free to respond with "aww, look at the old married hag that won't get off TK. haha)
  • edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination- I loved the Domincan when we went last year :)
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad- oh man. So many. Snap bracelets? Cabbage Patch Kids? no. nevermind. GELLY ROLL PENS.
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers- Easy Bake, hands down.
    Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress- white.
    Q: Disney World or Disney Land- World, without a doubt.
    Q: First Celebrity crush: Joshua Jackson (Charlie in Mighty Ducks.) all the way through Dawson's Creek and The Skulls. Hey, I still like him. ha
    Q: Favorite local radio station
    : KDWB Morning Show then Cities97! (I'll ditto both of these!)
    What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners: Pay off the house and student loans
    Favorite clothing store: Lately Old Navy has had some decent (and cheap!) stuff, actually.

Favorite MSP bar: The Local (ditto)... or Kierans

Stir fry, 'cause it's super easy and I can throw in anything I want. Bake? I have awesome oatmeal banana chocolate chip cookies.
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Oh Steph... we miss you now that you've upgraded over to the married ladies land of TK :)

This is fun to read... I'll play!

Q: Favorite Vacation Destination: Ireland... I hope to make it to Fiji this winter with the FI (who will be Husband by that point... EEK) for our honeymoon!
    Q: Favorite Childhood Fad: Oh dear... it's gotta be beanie babies... I was obsessed and would call the stores daily to find out which ones they had!
    Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers Easy Bake Oven hands DOWN

Q: Disney World or Disney Land: World... Land is lame!
    Q: Favorite local radio station: KS95 during the morning and some evenings and then KFAN
  • edited December 2011

Question (not of the same vein as above): how many posts does it take to get to Bronze status?

Henry
    imageHenry Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:d30f1b38-354d-4b82-b9f0-7bf253cd822d">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question (not of the same vein as above): how many posts does it take to get to Bronze status?
    Posted by PaddyB[/QUOTE]

<div>500... you've got a way to go ;)</div><div>Silver is 2000 (I think)</div><div>Gold is 6000</div><div>Platinum is... 15000? 16,000? 20,000? a lot. I don't remember how many.</div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously though. Once you hit like 3,000 it's hard to keep track. Most of mine are just from the chit-chat threads. I bet about 1,000 of my 12,000+ are actually wedding-related. (And they're probably the first 1,000. haha)</div><div>
    </div><div>Alli- I miss you guys too. I've been so busy, I'm just not around TK much at all anymore. Even SB, where I usually hang out.</div>
  • MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:2d1d885e-ffc8-4a5f-81b2-d970c96f3169">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite Restraunt? Cheesecake Factory. Put anything Italian in front of me and I'll eat it... well, most of the time! Favorite song of all time?  Tricky one but, either <strong>"Your Love" - The Outfield</strong> or "So Insane" - Discovery (new fav...)

Love love love this song!!!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

edited December 2011
    Q: Favorite Vacation Destination- Thus far, Jamaica.  Looking to add to that, though.

Q: Favorite Childhood Fad- oh man. So many. Glo Friends!  Fi and I just found a bunch in our stuff in the basement, so we had to watch a few episodes.  Oh Youtube.

Q: Easy Bake Oven or Creepy Crawlers- Didn't have either.  I always wanted the creepy crawlers, though.

Q: Ivory or Diamond White dress- My dress is a "cream" color.  Not white, but not as dark as ivory.

Q: Disney World or Disney Land- Only been to Disney World, so I suppose I'll go with that.

Q: First Celebrity crush: Brandon (Jason Priestly) from 90210!  I had a Brandon nightgown when I was like 8.

Q: Favorite local radio station
    I'm a 93X fan.  I like rock, and I'm not picky about music, so I pretty much have that on in the car.

What is the first thing you would spend the money on if you were the powerball winners: I'll go with everyone else's answer and pay off student loans.  Then I'd buy an awesome car!

Favorite clothing store:
    New York and Company.  I hated working there, but all of my clothes are from there because I don't love clothes shopping, so I'd just "shop" while I was at work.

Favorite MSP bar: I'll go with The Shout House, too.  Been going there for way too long, and I'm buddies with one of the piano players there.

I make some amazing teriyaki, jamaican jerk salmon.  I'm going to make some tonight, in fact.

So In Love

Planning Bio

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:62350151-0fa8-4dab-8842-0a14bf23a1d8">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will do a few: fave restaurant: chino latino, even though I never go there anymore fave song of all time- Why Georgia by John Mayer- a good "life" song Kayla that kitty is so cute! And only 1 lb jeez! I will add some: Favorite clothing store: Lately has been LOFT Favorite MSP bar: The Local <strong>Favorite thing to cook (or bake): Seafood Lasagna- making it tonight</strong>
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

Sounds AMAZING!!!  Do you have a recipe?

So In Love

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bump-up-bronze-status-qa-round-ii?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2a45820a-bd62-4c9f-8e4d-abee6a386cc8Post:bfcf9087-e2ae-47a5-bc4c-241f45feff48">Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bump up to bronze status! Q&A round II! : Sounds AMAZING!!!  Do you have a recipe?
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

Yep- I mix one jar spaghetti sauce with cut up shrimp (you could include scallops if you wanted) in one pot and one jar of alfredo sauce with cut up crab in another pot ( I use the imitation stuff since you can't tell so much in this recipe if it's real or not) then I layer half the red/shrimp, a row of noodles, and half of the alfredo. I throw in some cottage or ricotta cheese then if I happen to have it, and repeat the layers once more. Then top with mozzarella cheese and bake until browned.
  • edited December 2011
    Q: Weekend plans? State Fair & Wedding To-dos! 6 weeks away!
    Q: Fav. booth at the State Fair? Sweet Martha's Cookies & Mac 'n cheese on a stick!
    Q: How much is FI helping w/ planning? I've done most everything but he has input
  • edited December 2011
    Weekend plans: San Diego with my MOHs/BFFs!! Leaving tomorrow morning!

State fair booth: SO TOUGH. I love my pronto pups best I think

How much is FI helping? I have done the vast majority of it, but he is more than willing to pitch in and call vendors, help me with DIY type stuff, and makes a few decisions. Other than that he doesn't have much of an opinion.

Song you dislike the most right now
    : OMG-Party Rock Anthem. I end up listening to it EVERY time and thinking "this is an ok song" and then the techno part starts in and sucks! gets me EVERY TIME.
    Favorite breakfast food: Hashbrowns and bacon, about to go grab some

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards