Illinois-Chicago

Where to find MOB/MOG Dresses

Does anyone have an suggestions where our moms should go look at dresses, besides the usual David's or House of Brides?  Both Mom's love the designer La Belle, but the few places we have shopped so far have strapless dresses for twig moms, or really old lady dresses...We are looking for stylish dresses for Moms.
Any idea where in Illinois  to get La Belle or a good place for Mom's to try??

Thanks!

Re: Where to find MOB/MOG Dresses

• I would recommend Nordstrom... The one in Oak Brook and Michigan Ave have a Wedding Suite. The other stores have a limited selection... But didn't have any problem with that. Great dresses, reasonable cost, they do alterations and a free steam. Plus their return policy rocks. I'm a big Nordstrom fan for a lot of wedding-related attire purchases so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nordstrom would be my first suggestion as well.  I would take it one step further, however, and suggest you look beyond the official "wedding" collection.  I found my MOB dress in their cocktail/evening dress department. 

I tend to lean toward more structured and semi conservative dresses.  I found many by Tadashi Shoji that had all the "requirements" I was looking for.  I am in the process of looking for a MOG dress for my sons wedding this summer, and have already seen several on the Nordstrom website.  Calvin Klein also has some pretty cocktail dresses.

• Ditto Nordstom!  My mom actually found hers online after going to Oakbrook, Woodfield and the Rack!
  • edited February 2012
    My mom got her dress at Von Maur.  There's one at The Glen in Glenview and I believe the other is in Oak Brook.  Her dress was more beautiful than anything we saw at bridal shops and less expensive.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've had good luck at Von Maur for both of my daughters weddings.
  • Cookies MomCookies Mom member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I found my MOG dress for my son's wedding at House of Brides Occassions stores in Glen Ellyn and Shaumburg and they had a wide selection of MOB/MOG dresses that weren't "old lady" but were still flattering to "older" body types. They carry all sizes (up to 30- I think) and they were very helpful. My dress was a Mori Lee and I got a ton of compliments! Hope I can do as well for my daughter's weding, I'm heading back to Occassions next week. Wish me Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards