Florida-Central Florida

Theresa626

Since you're our resident music expert, can I ask your thoughts on some ceremony music choices? (Musicians will be a-freakin-mazing violinist and her guitarist husband.)

We're thinking about using one of these for the bridal party processional, then one for my processional, and then one of the more vibrant ones as a recessional
Paganini's Cantabile
Bach's Brandenburg concerto, either #2 or #3
Bach Air in G
Sheep May Safely Graze (the title cracks me up)
Bach's Musette in G (I think, but it might be D)
Chopin's Nocturne
Handel's Winter Largo
Handel's Water Music (we like Air, Allegro, and the Hornpipe)
Purcell's Trumpet Tune

Our violinist says she's done most of these. What would you pick? TIA!

Re: Theresa626

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For processional, I'm definitely a fan of softer romantic sounding music than upbeat peppy music.    I think it sets a nice tone.

So, I think Air in G  or Sheep May Safely Graze would be beautiful for the bridal party entrance. 

Chopin's Nocture or the Winter Largo would be pretty for a bridal processional.  Did you mean Vivaldi's Winter Largo though because that's what I immediately thought of? 

I think Purcell's Trumpet tune would make a nice recessional because it's a little bit more upbeat and I like celebratory and upbeat for a recessional. 

Of course, there's no right or wrong answer so you should always choose music that moves you and feels right for you. 
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I was on a Handel streak there - yes I meant Vivaldi! LOL

Thank you very much for your recs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards