Ohio-Columbus

Milk Glass

Does anyone have any milk glass vases I could purchase or know where I could find a large collection of them? I have been trying to find some for a bride-friend by purchasing them at garage sales, on Craigslist, etc. but need quite a few more. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
aosu2010

Re: Milk Glass

• edited December 2011
    There is a place called White Pillar Antiques in the Norwich, OH area (east of Zanesville) and they have quite a selection of milk glass at varying price points. I was there last week and they had a ton, well worth your drive out there.
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how close you live to Powell but it is FULL of antique stores - seriously over a dozen in a .25 mile radius.  I am sure there are tons to be bought.
  • edited December 2011
    *Deleted my previous message... learned what a milk glass vase actually is :)

• edited December 2011
    I hope you get this before buying too many at antique stores....

I bought almost all of my milk glass vases for a dollar or two at thrift stores. I have almost never gone into a thrift store and not found any. Many times I have found several pieces. You can get vases for as cheap as $0.50. When I have been to antique stores the prices have been much higher. I have been to all different types thrift stores (Goodwill, Salvation Army, even some privately owned) with pretty similar luck.

Good luck to you and to anyone else looking for milk glass!
  • nadialucchinnadialucchin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm also looking for milk glass.  I'd be willing to rent them from someone.  I'm particularly interested in hobnail.  Please conact me at nadialucchin@gmail.com if you can help.  I've found lots at thrift stores, but am in need of more. 
    Thanks!
  • mikglassqueenmikglassqueen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I read you rad about the milkglass vases and i have lots of them for sale. If you are interested e-mail me at sandywilkin@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards