Canada-Ontario

Cheap but good florist in the GTA

Hello TO Brides!

After booking our venue & caterer, our floral / decor budget has been slashed quite a bit and I need to find a good but cheap florist to see if they can accommodate the entire bridal party and do centrepieces.

My list so far is:

1 bridal bouquet
4 bridesmaids bouquets
2 flower girl wreaths or baskets
1 grooms boutonniere
5 groomsman boutonnieres

Reception centrepieces
Maybe a few ceremony flower arrangements

Still deciding whether our moms will be wearing a corsage / nosegay.

I am thinking of approaching Metro to see what prices they have. Everything I've seen online has been ridiculously expensive. For ex: $200 for a flower girl basket!!!

Please help anyone...

Re: Cheap but good florist in the GTA

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely look into Metro or Loblaws florists - the only thing is that you will have to go with what's in season and what is easily available to them at the time.  Smaller flower shops may have more flexibility with pricing as well.  

Most florists can work with your budget, you just have to be clear on what it is and they will tell you what you can get.

Online is tough to price out, you really need to go and talk to them and see what your options are.  

$200 for a flower girl basket is crazy - you can get a cute basket at the dollar store even and fill with faux rose petals from La Senza probably for less than $10!
  • edited December 2011
    What's your current budget for flowers like?
  • edited December 2011

I want to say between $500 - $700 maximum but after some more number crunching this upcoming week it might be less than that.

• dry_martinidry_martini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've booked www.fsflorals.com/" class="l" onmousedown="return clk(this.href,'','','res','1','','0CAgQFjAA')">Fran Sackler Floral Designs
    she works from home and will try to work within your budget. However, given the amount of things you need, it maybe close to $700 if not more.
    I got 2 bouquets, a 10+ bouts and corsages, 2 ceremony flower display and thats about $500.

So alternatively, you can come up with an inexpensive centerpiece and don't do flowers. People won't mind.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you Dry Martini! Will check Fran out :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards