New Jersey - South

Martins videography?

Has anyone used Martins videography?  Their prices seem to be right in our range, but I'd like to hear some personal experience, if possible.

Or, can anyone recommend their videographer?  I'm looking for someone who can at least ceremony coverage, do one of those recap videos that are 5-6 minutes long, and an edited dvd [doesn't have to be fancy or anything] for less than $1250.  Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!

Re: Martins videography?

• edited December 2011
    I think some of the Philly ladies have used Martin's.  If you dont get any responses here, you can try the Philly board.
  • edited December 2011
    Try Steve Williams with Persempre Videos.  We used him in August at the recommendation of other Knotties and loved him!  He is within your budget.  http://www.persemprevideos.com
    Review in my Bio
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the rec to Per Sempre, I'll check it out!  And I'll try the Philadelphia board too, thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I am using Martin's video..We met with him and saw alot of the wedding videos he has done.  They are very good, but nothing fancy.  It is up to you what you want out of a wedding video.  My fiance and I want a video but do not need all that glitz and glam on the video.  My best friend used him 2 yrs ago and they have no complaints about their video.  John is very nice to deal with and has been very accessible through email and phone...The price is great as well:)
  • edited December 2011
    We're also using Martin's becasue we wanted a video that wouldn't bust the budget, since we are spending a lot on photography.  I worked with John Martin via phone and email and he was very easy to work with.  He even recommended the DJ we booked.  Two friends have used him - one almost 3 years ago and the other last month (no video yet) and both were very happy with them.  GL! 
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much, pharm and chris!  That's exactly what I needed to hear.  I don't need anything fancy or glamorous, I just want something to capture the day, and one of those highlight videos set to music.  The ones on the Martins website always make me cry, so I just wanted to know that it was a good experience!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    I've heard some horrible reviews about Martin's.  I'm not saying don't use them because girls on TK tend to have okay experiences with them, but I have heard that their videos are mediocre and their shooters are "young, inexperienced kids"...

I'm using Ken Stillman and although people have had issues with his customer service and timing, I've had a really excellent experience with him so far and his videos are BEYOND anything I imagined I could afford.  His prices are insanely reasonable (you can get something in your price range that includes all day coverage) and he is locally known as one of the best.  He came highly recommended by several local photographers, ones who are often discussed on TK.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards