Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Corsages / Bouts for Grandmothers and Grandfathers?

Hello all,

Is it considered rude or a breach of etiquette to not have corsages and bouts for the grandparents?

Thanks for any input! I appreciate it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Corsages / Bouts for Grandmothers and Grandfathers?

• Options
    I don't think it's a breach of etiquette, but seeing how you could flower the whole lot of them for under $75, I think it's a bit unkind not to. 
  • Options
    I think that they are a nice gesture that would be very appreciated... so I vote do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It isn't required etiquette-wise. However, it's a nice gesture if it's something they would enjoy.

My grandparents and FI's parents were all adamantly against having them for some reason, so we opted not to get them flowers, and I honestly don't think anyone noticed. If they hadn't objected, though, we would definitely have purchased corsages/bouts for all of them.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    You're right, it probably would be unkind. I'll cut a different bit of the budget then.  Thanks! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    P.S.  I keep reading your name as "bongwater." 
  • Options
    I don't think it is rude to not have them. They just look really nice and help those special and important people stand out.
  • Options
    We only did flowers for bride, groom, MOH, Best man and our dads since they were wearing tuxes.  Moms, grandmothers and grandfather did not have any flowers.  My mom was adamantly against having flowers so it seemed weird to give them to the grandparents and my mom thinks that men wearing suits and a bout look like funeral directors - no idea where she got that from!!  I'm pretty sure no one noticed. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards