Wisconsin
Options

DJs

Looking at DJs for our wedding:

Midwest Sound
Sound by Design (seem pricey)
Celebrations Entertainment
Music2Remember

Anyone use any of these people pros/cons?
Thanks!!

Re: DJs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Celebrations for our July 31st wedding.  FI's brother used them a few years ago, his other brother uses them for his company events all the time.  I have also attended a couple of weddings that they have done, and they are awesome!  So far, they have been great to work with and seem to be very organized about everything.  Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This is my second marriage and I was unhappy with the DJ the first time around. I have spoke with several DJ's and am actually going with Gopher Broke the owner's name is Kyle and I have seen him in action, he is wonderful. If you need his number feel free to ask.

Cindy

• Options
    jessgosz310jessgosz310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Midwest Sound. They are very reasonable in price, and seemed very nice when we met with them. We also met with Sound by Design. They were also really friendly, and the wedding we went to by them have been great, but I couldn't justify spending almost twice as much just for the DJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See my vendor review post below for a review on Sound by Design. They are pricier but they aren't cheesy or obnoxious like so many DJs you see at weddings. We also negotiated the price down a bit with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Sound by Design, because the were highly rec'd by my venue.  I expected to pay what I paid.  Music is important to me, and he's doing our lighting...of course that was a bit extra:)

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KimmyH710KimmyH710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anyone used music2remember??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who works for Celebrations.  I would recommend them.  Other than that, the rest of them seem way too expensive.

We just booked with Waxx Mobile DJ Service, based in Racine.  Our wedding is in downtown Milwaukee.  They have a special running through the end of the month that their standard package is $495.  The owner is very nice and is willing to work with you to create an evening for you!  Highly recommend meeting with them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nbruds333nbruds333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa, any tips for negotiating with Sound by Design? They've been recommended by my venue as well, but I can't justify spending that much at this point! 

Has anyone used/heard of Musical Revolution DJs?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you looked at it, but silver spoon entertainment is guaranteed to provide a good time for your guests. I have known the owner for a few years, and his shows and weddings have never disappointed. web site is below:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sound By Design is the best!!!  It's worth the $$...we loved them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had Musical Revolution DJs for our wedding - and they were great we had a lot of compliments from our friends and family about how much fun they had and how much they loved one of the activities we did after dinner.  They were very willing to work with our budget and excellent at helping us plan an event the way we wanted it... We didn't want to spend more than $1000 for a DJ and I think we paid $895 for everything which included cocktail & dinner music, 2 DJs, lights, and we meet with them a few times before the wedding as well - I would check them out at least they are totally worth it and they also are doing my co-workers wedding, and my best friends wedding next year so I am excited for that!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards