DC

New To the Boards

I just wanted to introduce myself, We have been in Engaged for over 5 months now, and just got around to posting here, I look forward to talking to each one of you, We have some of our vendors already booked that we have seen or was recommened by co-workers.

Re: New To the Boards

• SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  When are you getting married, where, etc?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    August next year, We are thinking Congressional on Pst NW, Someone told us about St.Georges Ballroon in NW DC. But I loved the Top of the Town in Arlington, We have only booked the Decorator, and Photographer, Looked at Emerald Gowns, but then heard that they are going out of Business, So not going that route now. The Westin Was the first Choice but all ready booked.  
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married this August - let me know if I can give you any tips :).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great welcome, Raz are you getting fans for your guests? It is so hot today, I am thinking that might be a good idea for us to look into when the time comes,  
  • SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fans would be a good idea.  Maybe fan programs?
  • edited December 2011

Love the idea of fan programs, Well tommarrow , we are going to look at the sites that we mentioned above, I am so excited , Rethinking the whole August wedding idea. We have some elderly that we would love to have at our wedding, but the heat has us thinking about this issue.

• SchnebsSchnebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask your site abut providing water bottles for guests.  You can even DIY the labels for them (plenty of us have templates and are more than happy to help you if you need/want them).  Also when you visit these places ask if they have an indoor option for if it is raining or insanely hot like it has been this week and tends to be in August.  Happy to help!  ;)
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married inside to avoid weather issues!  I love the idea of fan programs and providing water for guests upon arrival.
  • edited December 2011
    I am definitely doing fan programs.. Im getting married in Septembet so it may not be as hot.. Just want my guest to have a fan if need be... and thanks for the water idea.. love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards