Connecticut

Choosing a Makeup Artist

Hi Everyone,

I have read a lot of the reviews and reccomendations on the traveling makeup artists in the area. I have narrowed it down to Dana Bartone and Beauty Entourage. My wedding is October of this year and would like to put a deposit to reserve the date, but im just not sure how to decide which company and which associates to choose without doing trials. In total there will be 9 of us including myself, bridesmaids, and moms. If anyone has any advice, reviews, or pictures I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

- Jen

Re: Choosing a Makeup Artist

• edited December 2011
    I've chosen Beauty Entourage. I met them at a bridal show and really liked Ashley, who owns the salon. They did the hair and makeup for the fashion show that was going on that day, and every girl looked flawless. From what I've researched, their rates seem to be reasonable. Best of luck!
  • dpantaleonidpantaleoni member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dana and her assistant, Amy, for my wedding last October.  They did a phenomenal job!! 

I was also in one of Beauty Entourage's shows last year.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for...while they will both do the kind of makeup/hair that you request, Dana tends to have a softer look, while Beauty Entourage tends do more dramatic looks.  Both are really great though.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose to go with Dana Bartone's salon as well. It took a while for me to decide between her and Naomi Marinez. What it really came down to was price, Dana was a little cheaper and didn't require a minimum number of BM's to get their hair and makeup done. I've heard amazing things about both salons so it was a tough choice! I'll have Janice and Lauren from Dana's doing my hair and makeup and they'll be traveling to me where I'm getting ready at my venue on my wedding day. I have my trials in a few weeks and I'm super excited!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Dana Bartone Salon- Amy for makeup and Lauren for hair. I already had my trials and they were fabulous!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I also went with Dana. I was torn between Dana and Beauty Entourage. I went with Dana because it had a lot more feedback and seeing pictures of other brides I couldn't go wrong. And if need be she lets you cancel and take your 50$ deposit back aslong as its withing 3 months of the wedding date which is nice, but won't have to do! GL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Iralis from Beauty Entourage. Ashley (the owner) is my regular stylist now after meeting her at my trial. Both girls were a blast at my trial. I researched other vendors but, Ashley was the best in communication and I was also referred by alot of brides on here. When I did my trial had pictures and Iralis got it spot on. She also new alot about the make up and gave me some tips I could use as well.  GL!
  • CrystalJPCrystalJP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose Beauty Entourage for my big day, in July! Since it's probably going to be very hot on my wedding day, I wanted to go with someone who I knew had make-up that could last and the capability and skills to keep my hair looking good for a good 10 hours in the HEAT (no easy task).

I had been a model at one of their bridal runway shows before in the middle of the summer and seeing the "behind the scenes" and the before and after of what the girls looked like for that event made chosing them very easy for me. Ashley (the owner) is very good with taking before and after pictures of all their consenting customers and she has albums at her salon, she definitely wouldn't charge you to look at them and I think it's definitely worth a glance. I got my hair and makeup done at like 9am that day, the show was from 3-6 and I was able to make it home, with the windows down, and STILL look gorgeous for my fiance!!

P.S. If the attitude and vibe make any difference to you, I don't think you could get sweeter girls than Ashley and Iralis!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I don't think I could go wrong either way with all of the wonderful reviews.

chellah, thank you for including the pic as well. You look gorgeous!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also going with Beauty Entourage - Ashley's doing my hair & Iralis is doing my makeup. I had both trials recently and they did a great job - they know what they're doing.

Take a look at BE's website to see examples of their work - lots of photos there. Or you can fan them on FB and see more photos as well.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • chellahchellah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards