African American Weddings

Another Invitation Question for ya!

I'll be mailing my invitations some time this week, whoo-hooo!!  I know some ladies have mentioned having their invitations "hand-cancelled", which I want to do as well.  Are you supposed to place a stamp/necessary postage on the envelope before it's hand cancelled?  And did you use/plan on using a wedding stamp?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image

Re: Another Invitation Question for ya!

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I hand canceled my save the dates. I placed all of the stamps on before hand. went to the post office and told them what I wanted to do. They handed me the stamp , I used the post office stamp for each one then handed the stamp back with my save the dates. I used the Love stamps they had
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • What is hand cancelled?
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_another-invitation-question-for-ya?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:61568885-9976-4b44-b8e9-2305843b0ad3Post:68623449-3136-4308-b4f0-66d5d2d65f6c">Re: Another Invitation Question for ya!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What is hand cancelled?
    </strong>Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

This??
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • I didn't know what it was at first either...lol, until another knottie mentioned it.  At the post office usually all mail is sorted and stamped by a machine, which can sometimes ruin precious items such as wedding invitations.  An alternative would be to have the invitations hand canceled- each item gets stamped by hand and your wedding invitations are saved :)  The word canceled puzzled me at first, but it just means the postage has been paid and cannot be reused, so therefore it is "canceled".  Here is a pic - the lines on the envelope can be stamped by hand.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards