Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Extreme Hair Loss from Stress, less than a month til wedding!

My wedding is December 17th, 2011. My hair has been falling out non-stop for about three months now. I already have 3 bald patches on my head and I hope they don't get worse before the wedding gets here. It is definitly stress related, as I am in my last semester of college with very tough coursework, I'm planning a destination wedding on a very limited budget, and my grandmother died two weeks ago. Does anyone know any remedies for this to keep it from falling out further or help it regrow? Should I invest in a wig? Know any good hairstyles for thinning hair? Any suggestions appreicated! Thanks ladies.

Re: Extreme Hair Loss from Stress, less than a month til wedding!

• I had hair loss before the wedding as a side effect to some meds I was on. I took the vitamins for hair/skin/nails and tried reducing damage by really limiting blow-drying and straightening and by using a detangling spray. This helped to minimise the hair loss a lot. My hairdresser also suggested doing a scalp massage daily.

Depending on where your hair is thinning, extensions may help - I couldn't use the clip in rows as they showed through since my hair was so thin. I did get a hair piece though that sat on the crown and covered a lot of the thinned areas well and gave me a lot more volume to work with. No one could tell I was wearing it either.
    I got the 'Top Hair Piece' from this site: http://www.goddessclipinhair.com/Purchase.aspx 

I mentioned to my hairdresser that I was worried about it so she was great with giving me lots of suggestions for styles .I also found a side part was much better at covering the thin patches. Pulling the hair straight back seemed to show more scalp coming through. I also added a hair clip to help cover one particularly bad patch and it worked really well or you could add a headband/ribbon. 

Also I'm not sure what hair colour you have but I found some highlights helped break my hair colour up so the scalp was less noticeable. 

Good luck - I'm sure you will be able to find a style that works for you.
  • This happened to me before.  I talked to my doctor and been suggested some supplements.... tried to relax yourself... less thinking... good sleeps... all will help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards