Michigan-Detroit

Bridal shower question...

I am have got so much accomplished the last month.. Or so at least it feels like it. I have decided on wedding invitations that I am DYI'ing and I booked our Honeymoon.. Yay!! And some small random things.

So to get to my point, I am working with my MOH and helping her with some of my shower stuff, and I am stumped on my invitations. Should they coordinate with my wedding invitations? We are keeping the same color palate... But my wedding invitations are more formal.. And I would like my bridal shower to be more fun and flirty. Is this ok?? Did you coordinate yours?

Thanks for your opinions!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Bridal shower question...

• I'm not having a bridal shower, but isn't this something your MOH should be handling if she is hosting the party?

It's my understanding the bridal shower is a party thrown FOR you, so I would just let whoever is hosting it deal with it. Maybe let them know your color scheme but for the most part stay out of it?
  • As PPs mentioned, this is something the host would handle but you already seem to know that.

In answer to your question: The bridal shower is an entirely separate event, therefore can be any theme/formality you would like.  One of my showers coordinated with my wedding colors, the other was bright pink because I love the color pink.  Both invitations were less formal than the wedding invites, even though both were not casual showers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bridal-shower-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9cac16a8-82ce-4fc1-ab6e-18f7f412238bPost:08f1f62c-eaff-4dc4-8890-11bd00ce0746">Re: Bridal shower question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not having a bridal shower, but isn't this something your MOH should be handling if she is hosting the party? It's my understanding the bridal shower is a party thrown FOR you, so I would just let whoever is hosting it deal with it. Maybe let them know your color scheme but for the most part stay out of it?
    Posted by entropicbeauty[/QUOTE]
    Yep this.  If she asks for your opinion, give it but otherwise you shouldn't really have much to do with the planning.

As far as intivations are concerned, I don't think they have to match the formality since they are separate events.
  • I am helping her out, as I mentioned in my previous post. She and my mom are throwing it. My mom is very ill... So I am helping my MOH out. I didn't ask if it was etiquette that I helped her, but just the coordination of the invites so I can point her in the right direction.
  • As a guest I wouldn't notice/care if the invites for the shower and wedding matched. The invitation sets the tone -- so you want a formal wedding, a formal invitation is appropriate. Therefore, if you want a fun/flirty shower than a fun invite is in order. Good luck!
  • thanks... my MOH and I got together this evening and go things figured out.

Its so weird that you look and look and look until you want to claw your eyes out, but when you find IT- its like the heavens opened up. I say this as to the wedding dress, wedding invitations, shoes, venues, anything...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards