Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Hair and Makeup

Does anybody know which is better, to hire one professional to do both hair and makeup or to hire a separate hair and makeup artist? One hand it seems to be cheaper to hire a person that does both but I realized it might be quicker on wedding day to have two people. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Hair and Makeup

• I'm not sure which is better, but I personally would go with 2 different people.  People who do hair usually just do hair.  They may know how to apply makeup of course, but it isn't their specialty.  If they aren't used to applying makeup on others, especially on people w/different skin complexions it can get tricky.
  • I had one that did both, but I got someone I knew would be good at both. I don't know that hiring 2 is any faster--you still have to get them both done.
  • I guess I was just thinking that since I have 5 bridesmaids that while the makeup artist finishes one girl's makeup and starts on another, the hair artist can start with the first girl's hair. But of course that seemed more $$$ hiring two people...

• I would suggest hiring a bridal makeup/hair artist and then paying for him or her to bring an assistant since you have a large bridal party.  Even with just 3 of us, I was wishing mine had brought her assistant!

Another option is to travel to a place that is more like a makeup studio where many of you could be getting done at the same time.  We have a couple of places like that here in Dallas--don't know if that is something that is available in your area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards