Maine

any mothers of the bride out there?

We're just beginning our planning for a summer 2012 (september 8th) wedding in bar harbor.  this is my first daughter, our first wedding....i could use a lot of advice!!  especially on how to make it lovely and keep the cost down.  help!!

Re: any mothers of the bride out there?

• edited December 2011
    Hello, I am not a MOB but a Bride...I think its great that you're on here looking in to things...your daughter is a lucky girl. You are planning so far in advance that your daughter should be able to have her pick of location, DJ, photographer...ect. That should keep the cost down some. Catering is usually the biggest expense so cost cutting there and keeping the guest list to a minimum will save you the most money.

WELCOME! and if you have any questions all of the Brides to be are very helpful!

Good Luck
  • edited December 2011
    hi, and thanks so much for being the first (and so far ONLY) person to respond to my post.  yes, i agree that having > 2 years to investigate and learn from all the wonderful suggestions on this site, we hope to get it right.  my first idea was to pick a fairytale venue which wows even if it rains....then go easy on the food and keep the guest list under 100.  we're thinking about an 11:30 am Saturday ceremony outside overlooking the water with the reception from noon to 4:30 pm....followed by a sunset cruise for all the guests so they don't feel like they are  being dropped ~   kaboom ~ at 4:30 in the afternoon.  i've already begun to do some serious saving and budgeting and i hope i can swing this.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, and welcome.  We're kind of a quiet board, but if you have questions people usually come out to help if they can!  

The wedding plans sound wonderful so far!  Have you and your daughter started looking at locations?  Keeping the guest list low is definitely a great way to keep costs down - one of the first things my fiance and I  did when planning was make a list of people we really wanted to include.  That pointed us in the right direction when looking at different sites.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well I'm excited to hear more about this fairytale wedding...keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards