Canada

Redskillet advice on BM

Thanks, Redskillet. I took your advice and my Toronto BM decided it would be less stressful if she got measurments done in T.O. and sent them to the same local salon here so that all the dresses would come from the same dye lot, etc. My FSIL, however, still hasn't answered any e-mail except to say that she is tired of her brother always rescuing her (financially) and will "take care of this on my own". My fiance told her he would  pay since she has had successive bad luck that always leaves her strapped. He is incredibly generous and looks out for his family, and she has depended on him for furniture, car, furnace oil, and groceries(to name a few) in the past. I just don't understand why she picks this time to stand on her own two feet.She loves him, why get snippy now? Anyone think I should e-mail her a date when the dress has to be ordered by? All ideas appreciated!
Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!

Re: Redskillet advice on BM

• edited December 2011
    One pissy BM down, one more to go! I think your idea is good, by giving her a deadline, she can go on her own time, but she also knows that you might go ahead and order her a size that you are guessing at if she has not gotten herself measured by a particular day. In my (albeit, brief) experience getting engaged, it brings out all sorts of feelings in people that you didn't know they had...like their emotional baggage explodes. Sometimes it is jealousy? Maybe she feels like she will somewhat be "losing" her brother in a way and this is the way she is expressing it? Unfortunately, she is taking it out on you, but just keep smiling and being nice, and she will *hopefully* come around eventually!! Keep me in the loop! :)

~Skittle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards