North Carolina
Options

Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..

Hey yall! I'm planning my wedding for june 2012, at the Cedars in Hendersonville. Problem is, I'm located in miami (my fiance is stationed here, at the Homestead Air Force Base). Is there anyone out there who can help me with resources? Because of the smaller town type area, it's hard to find things on the internet, especially in my price range. I already have my flower vender picker (An English Garden Florist - I'd totally recommend her, btw). What I need is a photographer, an good stylist, a DJ. Anyone have any recommendations for me, or who can point me in the direction of someone who does?

Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..

• Options
    hng0411hng0411 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are the people we worked with on our wedding & have worked with recently. They are ALL amazing!! Hope that helps?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Hendo myself... but am planning a wedding about 40 minutes from Charlotte.
    My suggestion would be to focus your search on vendors in Asheville.... I've been focused on vendors in Charlotte and that's really opened up my options.  Some of them have small travel fees, but its been worth it for the options!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at The Cedars in May 2012.  Tommy and Fran have done so many weddings there, they usually have vendors that they know do a good job, so I would try to ask them.  They have given me a few recommendations on DJs, Cake Bakers, etc.  For photographers, I would start looking in Asheville.  My photographer is based out of Asheville, and most of them will travel ~30 minutes without extra cost on your part.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I have no help for a Hendersonville wedding, but I went to camp at Camp Tekoa and I loooooove it there!!
  • Options
    becka1126becka1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The place looks beautiful!  Do they have a website??  I am having trouble finding any information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They don't have a website.  Basically, it was an old Hotel built in the 1910s and operated as such until the 70s.  Now it's used as a reception hall for parties, weddings, etc.  You can Google the history of the property, but if you want specific information you have to call and talk to Tommy or Fran. 
  • Options
    sherrien1sherrien1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Theknot.com ? They have everything you need to plan your wedding and tons of vendors!
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_planning-miami-hendersonville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7d63031-d332-418b-bfb7-4f2be3aaa22fPost:9de1653b-ad99-4377-9aad-b1c8ea807e44">Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried Theknot.com ? They have everything you need to plan your wedding and tons of vendors!
    Posted by sherrien1[/QUOTE]

If OP is using this forum, I'd assume she's also looked at the vendors on TK. .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Asheville but Hendo is only about 20 minutes away. Asheville has a lot of great vendors so definitely check them out. We are using Laurey's Catering, Short Street Cakes, Lady Luck Flower Farms, and Classic Event Rental which are all excellent places. If you need any other recommendations, let me know.
    FOR SALE - www.sd31942.weebly.com
  • Options
    ashfannashfann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow small world! Maybe i can steal some tips from you :) are you doing your ceremony there?

• Options
    ashfannashfann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_planning-miami-hendersonville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7d63031-d332-418b-bfb7-4f2be3aaa22fPost:09b1ff41-51de-4831-a46d-4a4043452c4f">Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live in Asheville but Hendo is only about 20 minutes away. Asheville has a lot of great vendors so definitely check them out. We are using Laurey's Catering, Short Street Cakes, Lady Luck Flower Farms, and Classic Event Rental which are all excellent places. If you need any other recommendations, let me know.
    Posted by StephieDee[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm hearing, that I need to go to Asheville to find what i'm looking for. I still want to try to use local businesses around The Cedars, though. Thanks!
  • Options
    ashfannashfann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_planning-miami-hendersonville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7d63031-d332-418b-bfb7-4f2be3aaa22fPost:1354ec5c-6cfc-4627-b6e4-50db086c5748">Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]The place looks beautiful!  Do they have a website??  I am having trouble finding any information.
    Posted by becka1126[/QUOTE]

They don't have a formal website, but I have their email address.

<font size="2">shipmanfran@yahoo.com

She's been awesome in helping me along the way, and answering my thousand questions with patience :) If you're having your wedding in Hendersonville, and looking for a budget friendly venue, check them out!</font>
  • Options
    ashfannashfann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_planning-miami-hendersonville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7d63031-d332-418b-bfb7-4f2be3aaa22fPost:5a78da14-fecb-4a7b-be63-30d1b7e49d21">Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding at The Cedars in May 2012.  Tommy and Fran have done so many weddings there, they usually have vendors that they know do a good job, so I would try to ask them.  They have given me a few recommendations on DJs, Cake Bakers, etc.  For photographers, I would start looking in Asheville.  My photographer is based out of Asheville, and most of them will travel ~30 minutes without extra cost on your part.
    Posted by LaurenHH[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Since you live in Hendo, do you know of Salon 504 (at least i think that's the number... it's on the end of main street near the courthouse). I was thinking of getting my hair done there, wanted to see if anyone has used the place before.
  • Options
    becka1126becka1126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the e-mail Ashfann!!  I grew up 30-45 minutes from there and either want to have my wedding in Myrtle Beach (where I live now) or somewhere like Hendersonville or Asheville!  I am definitely emailing them now! :)
  • Options
    ashfannashfann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_planning-miami-hendersonville-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:e7d63031-d332-418b-bfb7-4f2be3aaa22fPost:882ca70d-d2f1-4829-a2b4-f0205d8e5923">Re: Planning from Miami, To a Hendersonville Wedding..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the e-mail Ashfann!!  I grew up 30-45 minutes from there and either want to have my wedding in Myrtle Beach (where I live now) or somewhere like Hendersonville or Asheville!  I am definitely emailing them now! :)
    Posted by becka1126[/QUOTE]

you're welcome ^.^ feel free to pm me if you want more venue leads around hendo, i have bunches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards