Virginia

Marina Shores Yacht Club?

Hello :) So I have my first appointment to look at venues tomorrow.  The first is the Marina Shores Yacht Club.  I was wondering if anyone had ever been married/reception there or have even seen the place?

They have an AWESOME deal and price.. But it seems to good to be true.. So I am a bit nervous that when I walk in I will hate it, but I may love it! The price is just awesome and fits right in with our budget.

Any input would be great!

Thanks!!

Re: Marina Shores Yacht Club?

• edited December 2011
    Yeah it is a great price.  I went there and the reason I didn't use them was because they have everything all packed together and I didn't want to use their cake or photography person.  The other thing to consider is that koakamos downstairs is very active on friday and saturday nights expecially in the summer.  The cater seemed alright and the pictures of the flowers looked beautiful... just didn't work for me.  
  • edited December 2011
    actually, you don't have to use every part of the all inclusive package.  The only thing you can't take out is the caterer.  I've had their food at two weddings, one at the yacht club and one at another venue, both times it was good and the service was handled well.  The venue is nice, it's a decent size and has good natural light.  I hope you found what you are looking for.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I did decide to book with the Yacht Club and let me tell you that so far the customer service has been great!  We are getting married on June 5th and are so excited!
    The location is great and is just where we were looking for. With the All Inclusive package, it includes the catering, photographer, cake, and florist.  Its a great deal and leaves me a little bit less stressed at having to try to find all of the vendors myself :)
    After the wedding I will come back and let you all know how it went :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards