January 2013 Weddings
Options

Recap-Kinda long

staar987staar987 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited September 2013 in January 2013 Weddings
The day was great. My SIL and BIL volunteered to come early and help H set up since we didn't have a WP. When I got to the venue the room was completely set up and they were just hanging around talking. Apparently our venue did WAY more than we anticipated. They even helped us clean up our decorations and load our car later.

We got dressed did first look pictures and parent pictures and were ahead of schedule. Our ceremony was officiated by H's dad and it went great. He did forget to tell people to sit down and I didn't notice until I was repeating the vows after him and I stopped and was like, "Hey everyone can sit!" It got some giggles. At the end of the ceremony my mom's camera flew out of her hand and across the aisle which made everyone laugh too! Surprisingly I didn't cry once!

Reception went well aside from our stupid florist not moving the arch decoration to our sweetheart table like he was supposed to. Not surprising since I have more than one post here complaining about him! And my SIL was amazing. The corset in my dress never loosened like it should have and I couldn't eat and the bustle broke. She was constantly helping me with that stupid bustle and loosening by dress all night. It was so sweet!

Edited to remove pics

Re: Recap-Kinda long

• Options
    Congrats!  Very nice.
    God is Faithful!
  • Options
    I wish I'd had a corset back.  Mine was a zipper - and very tight.  They told me at my last fitting that it would ease up once I'd had it on awhile, but it didn't.  I have to be honest and say that it put a damper on the night.  It was so tight on my ribcage - I couldn't get a good deep breath, and there was no way I could eat or drink.  Big bummer.  Didnt' keep me off the dance floor though.  :)

Congrats!
  • Options
    Mine was a zipper too but it had an inner corset. It never loosened. Sounds like it is a common zipper problem!

• Options
    If it's any consolation, my corset back was tight on me, but that's also because it was probably a size too small.

I got it from another girl who bought it and changed her mind and when I bought it from her, I was probably AT LEAST 25lbs lighter, so by the time the wedding rolled around, I probably would have been better off with another size up, but with all the crap I had to deal with with the seamstress, I just decided to be breathless for the evening.

It was a really good thing I didn't have to sit for long. I had the ren faire effect going on with the top of the dress....
  • Options
    Okay, yeah - that inner thing...I started with it on the tightest setting, I think - then before the ceremony we moved it to the loosest, but it was still too tight.  The seamstress altered it to be that tight, not sure why - then I had 6 weeks to go until the wedding - I made sure I didn't gain an ounce (and didn't want to lose any either, because the area around my hips was a little loose), I just didn't realize how uncomfortable the dress would be when trying to eat and drink.  It was also a little long - I wore the heels for alterations, but didn't really make sure I could walk comfortably with the length when I picked up the dress - I wasn't thinking about how practical the dress would be - just how beautiful - haha. 
  • Options
    I must have been thinking the same way! We completely undid my inner corset thing during dinner when I found out that food was not going down. I danced all night without that thing connected and my dress didn't move at all. Oh well, guess it is a bit of advice to share with others!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards