Nevada-Las Vegas

Anyone spending the night before with their FI?

So I really want to spend the night before the wedding with my FI. I want to wake up with him like I have everyday (well almost) for the last 10 years. Once Im up I plan to go for breakfast with my mom/girls and not see him until I walk down the isle. 2 of 3 BM's think I should do whatever I want...my 3rd (sister who's 6 years older) is pushing for a sleep over.

What are your plans, or for you Mrs's, what did you do?

Charity
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone spending the night before with their FI?

• edited December 2011
    I'm hanging out with my groomsmen and close friends the night before, the girls, don't know what they're doing, I'll see FI the next afternoon. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We might take everyone out for a karaoke meet-and-greet the night before.

I plan on going to bed and waking up with FI as per usual.  Then we'll get ready in separate rooms and have a light lunch (probably room service) with my girls sometime before our first look.

I can't imagine not sleeping in the same bed as FI the night before our wedding since we already live together in sin and whatnot, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    The night before the wedding I am going to spend some time with my mum and I think FI is goign to do the same thing with his mum but we are staying together the night before the wedding and waking up together. Not for any sentimental reasons we are just too cheap to spring for another room  and neither of us really believe in the not seeing the bride before the wedding tradition.
  • edited December 2011
    We checked into our hotel room together the day before our wedding.  Mr. Imp and I got up, had breakfast together, and hung out until my mom and aunt arrived.  They then sent him off to where he was going to get ready.  I didn't see him again until I walked into the chapel.

It's what worked for us, and I think we had the best of both worlds.  Getting to spend time together before the wedding, but not seeing each other all fixed up until that moment at the ceremony site.  
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on spending the night w/ FI and waking up next to him.
    The night of October 13th was the first night we spent together. I've been waking up next to him for (on the morning of our wedding) 5 years. We'll probably have breakfast together and then I'll send him on his way to get ready where ever it is he is getting ready and my girls will come and get ready with me.
    We also plan on doing a "first look" after we get all gussied up. I'd rather the first time we see each other be a private moment (with our photographer) than in front of 100 people.

Plus, ya know, I'd like to have sex one last time as a single woman before I turn into a bitter, old, married hag Wink
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be doing the RD the night before. After dinner we'll do a soak in the giant tub and then relax with cucumber slices or tea bags on our eyes. If the first bridesmaids have to be in the room by 8 am for the first appt, he's got to be up too. Early morning, early night.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no regrets spending the night before with DH. Having alone time before the madness was sweet. I couldn't ask for a better way  to start our day together.
  • edited December 2011
    I am really excited to spend the night away from Fi....I think it will just add to the excitement of seeing him for the first time when I am walking down the aisle! He will stay at the mansion we have rented with his friends and play poker, and pool etc....and  I will stay at a suite on the strip with my friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Absolutely yes!!! We'd never ever part the night before the wedding. It's going to be such a sweet evening/night and waking up will be even sweeter. We'll go our own separate ways after breakfast.
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're definitely spending the night together, but I'm kicking him out at 9am as that's when Harmony needs to come to start our hair & makeup.
  • edited December 2011
    FI & I are staying in our room together the night before. Hes heading down to MGM to get ready with his GM and all the girls are coming to our room to get ready and for Francesca to do our hair/makeup.
  • edited December 2011

FI will not wake up together on the day of our wedding, I will be with my MOH and BM , and he will be with his GM .

• edited December 2011
    We're spending the night apart, but we will be seeing each other at 1pm for our "first look" before our photo tour. We debated this point a lot, because of all the sweet and happy reasons listed above. But I think this will add to our excitement and anticipation.

My mom and little sister are spending the night with me in my room and FI is crashing with some friends/GM. Plus, I have to be up by 8, but they can sleep in til at least 10 if he wants.
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're staying apart, but we're going to try and have breakfast the morning of  together:)

• pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a nice quiet evening before the madness.  We had dinner and then enjoyed our suite.  There was never any doubt that we would spend the night before our wedding together.
  • edited December 2011
    We actually haven't talked about this.. I envision us staying the night together in our suite and  separating in the morning with our respective parties. Francesca will be there fairly early 8-9 for getting ready.
  • edited December 2011

Im glad Im not the only one :)

I guess Im gonna tell my sister "Im sorry, but mrjets and I really want to spend some quiet time together the night before. I will see you at 9am sharp for breakfast"

I hope she buys it...

Charity

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're spending the night together, waking up together and doing whatever.  I am hoping he spends some time with his family while I get ready but we have to leave for the chapel together for our untraditional entrance.  So we're not keeping seperate.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are staying together the night before and then seperating in the morning to get ready. I have a hard time sleeping when he is not in the bed next to me. Plus I know I am going to be anxious for the BIG day and thats gonna be hard enough to calm down and sleep. Also we both want to enjoy the suite as much as possible, do not know when we will ever have a whole fancy suite to ourselves again, Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    We're definitely spending the night before together. I'm going to be such a nutcase with everything going on and I need him to keep me calm and grounded!!!
  • wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't spend the night apart. He wanted to, but I did not. Plus didn't want to spend more $$$ for another room.
    We got up and went our separate ways - I went with my MOH's for breakfast and he ate with his BM.  we didnt' see eachother again until I was walking down the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] since we already live together in sin and whatnot, lol.
    Posted by mizutamababy[/QUOTE] ha ha ha! love it...this is totally me.
  • edited December 2011
    we'll be sleeping together! I don't know if I would get a great night of sleep without him? We've been living together for 2 years and it would be wierd not to wake up next to him!
  • edited December 2011
    We both slept in the Vista suite the night before. Neither of us would have been willing not to sleep there after spending so much money on the room! I left in the morning to go to breakfast with some ladies. DH left while I was gone. I didn't see him until I walked down the aisle at 7:30pm.
  • edited December 2011
    We spent the night before together, ordered room service and toasted each other. Once the hair person arrived, he was out the door to go hang out by the pool with his BM & guests while I had 6 friends come hang out & get dolled up with me. We had our first look at 2:30pm (wedding was at 4:00) and I swear, had I not seen him when I did, I was going to faint - the anticipation was just too much! Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I feel the same as most of the girls, the $$$ for another room, the years we've been living toguether. I want him to be suprised so as long he doesn't see me getting ready, thats what I think could spoil the magic.
  • edited December 2011
    Im a little old fashion so I will neither  be spending the night with him the night before, nor will I see him till I walk down the isle. We dont live together so the first few night of marriage where neither one of us needs to go home or seperate will be nice
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I live together but we will be spending the night before apart.  I think I will have to sneak and see him the day of just to get a kiss. Lol! It will be fun!
    Until the first full year of being one! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards