Massachusetts

Calling all Western MA Knotties!

2»

Re: Calling all Western MA Knotties!

• edited December 2011
    1. Where are you getting married? Tekoa Country Club in Westfield, MA

2. What vendors have you booked so far? Pastecceria Italia (Cake), DJ Dana Collins (Music), Memories to Chetish (Photographer), Robert Albeti (JP), David's Bridal (Dresses/Invites)

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA? The School St Bistro in Westfield

4. What is your wedding date? September 17, 2011

5. Share something about yourself. I am working on my 2nd novel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hi Ladies!

Has anyone used or know anything about the website House of Brides? I found my bridesmaids dresses and they have them a lot cheaper on this website. I was just wondering why?

Any input would be helpful!

Happy planning!

• edited December 2011
    audreyjem thanks for the tip on videographers! My FI and I met him last week and loved him.We got him booked!

Good luck with your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    jsharpe100, I believe that is one of the companies that is in China.  They do a knock-off of the dresses you find elsewhere and they charge a fraction of what the brand name places charge.  From what I have heard and seen online, some people are happy with what they receive, and others are not.  It seems they use cheaper fabric and their dresses are often interpretations of the real thing, so if you are okay with that, it might be worth it to save so much money.  If you are particular about the dress, I would suggest you go for the higher price ones that are more consistent.

Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1. Where are you getting married?
    Our ceremony is at the beautiful St. Michael's Cathedral on State Street in Springfield.

The reception is at the Barney Estate at Forest Park, also in Springfield.

(We're taking our formal photos in the park, but since the church is a block away from the Quadrangle, we're making a pit stop there to take a few photos at the Seuss Memorial...a playful and meaningful touch since we're both from Springfield where Dr. Seuss was from.)

2. What vendors have you booked so far?
    Catering- Seth Mias out of Northampton (the food tasting was awesome and he's super friendly and easy to work with)
    Bar Service- Elegant Affairs
    DJ and Photography- The Pros (super nice and lots of packages to choose from; they also have functions where you can attend to meet dj's, photogs and videographers to see who is compatible with your style- much better than picking a random person based on pics they've taken because you get to see what their personality is like)
    Flowers- ProFlowers and FiftyFlowers (both online)
    Tuxes- Formal Affair in West Springfield (very nice)
    Wedding dress/ Bridesmaids dresses and MOB dress- David's Bridal in West Spirngfield (Amanda was my consultant and she was sweet, attentive and helpful)

3. What's your favorite restaurant in Western MA?
    I like Spoletos in East Longmeadow or Northampton. The 350 Grill has amazing food and is downtown Springfield.

4. What is your wedding date?
    July 12th, 2011

5. Share something about yourself.
    I'm totally arachnaphobic but feel perfectly fine holding snakes. A small spider could easily send me into a tizzy and by tizzy, I mean that I freak out completely, but a huge snake is no problem. Go figure! Kiss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards