Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR: My ring is driving me crazy

I have large knuckles but tiny fingers. I don't think my ring would fit over my knuckle if it were any smaller (needs soap as is), but the bottom of my finger is so much smaller that the ring spins around all day.

Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas to help keep it in place without making it smaller?

Re: NWR: My ring is driving me crazy

• edited June 2013
    delete
  • GinaV0822GinaV0822 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I have the same issue and it drives me crazy.  I want to get it downsized just a little bit but the jeweler discouraged it.  I think they're nuts because it goes on and off my knuckle very easily.  I will probably get it sized once we pick out or bands.  

In the meantime, cut a small strip of a clear band-aid and wrap it around the back of the ring.  Keeps mine from spinning.  Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My SM has the same issue with her ring. She purchased a wrap that keeps in in place but definitely adds a lot of bulk to the ring. I have heard that the sizing balls work well.
    Anniversary
  • Never heard of sizing balls. Does the jewerl put these on?
  • edited June 2013
    delete
  • I have the same big knuckle issue.  Initially I had a sizer put on my engagment ring because I didn't want to send it out to have the beads put on.  I think the ring was just top heavy because it was a solitaire so it spun a lot.  I chose a wedding band that is an enhancer.  My engagement ring slips right into it, now it hardly even spins, only rarely if I am really, really cold.

• I had the sizing balls put on my ring too! They're great. It might depend on what jeweler you go to for these but, if they aren't complimentary, they should be very inexpensive and price will depend on the metal of your band. My jeweler put these on at no charge. It was the best option I had because the ring fits 75% of the time. In the colder weather the ring practically slips off. As PP said, the knubs definitely take some getting used to, but after a couple days I didn't even know they were there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The sizing beads can be a great option to stop spinning, which they do. I will say though that months later mine still bother my hand. Holding the steering wheel tightly is uncomfortable, and there is no way I could lift weights with my ring on with the beads on it (maybe shouldn't be doing that anyway!). For weeks it kept making a rough patch on my finger and tender spots. This may be because I don't have large knuckles though to hold the ring onto my finger, and so the sizing is important to keep it in place at all. I have just 1/4 size beads too, not even the full 1/2 size beads. I just never heard anyone say they were uncomfortable before, and I do still notice mine. If the ring is looser on the base of your finger, I can see them working much better.
  • Ugh I have the same exact problem. I have sizing beads and they make it worse actually, I'm pretty sure they're the reason I can't fit the ring over my knuckle. I don't have a solution but you're definitely not alone lol.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My grandma had the arthritis clasp that PP mentioned.  It worked really, really well for her.
  • I had contemplated getting the metal balls put on my e-ring because of the same issue.  However, I was able to get my ring down to a small enough size that I can force it over my knuckle when I am cold and it doesn't spin on the base of my finger.  It won't come off at all when I am warm.  I am normally cold though, so it was a big deal to make sure it wasn't going to fly off!  I have been told that the wedding ring fits more snugly, so hopefully with the addition of that ring it will be less of an issue.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards