Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Doing your own makeup and need help? Have tips to offer?

Hello ladies,

I will be doing my own makeup for my wedding.  I think I can pull it off but still, am a little nervous :)  Since I have a beauty blog, I have written a series of bridal post.

http://beautifulcanvas.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-bridal-makeup-tutorial.html

If you have any great tips to offer, please do share with us.  Thanks.

P.S.  If you have dry skin and found a HG setting powder that doesn't cake or chalky...pls do share with me.

Re: Doing your own makeup and need help? Have tips to offer?

• Options
    CARGO's bluray powder is awesome.  It comes in shades.. so it isn't a one-product-fits-all, but generally speaking you should be able to find one that works.  Also Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder is nice.

If you have dry skin, see if you can find a foundation or tinted moisturizer with hyaluronic acid in it.  Hyaluronic acid=moisture magnet. 

I personally never put makeup on without primer (face or eye, and no you can't use your face primer on your eye) because it really does make a difference--especially with eye makeup.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    I actually didn't use a setting powder--my face is on the drier side. I used a sealing spray to hold my makeup in place. Make Up For Ever Fix-It spray.

tips: use a primer. Smashbox rocks. if you have dry skin, use a liquid or cream foundation. other than foundation type stuff, I think the hardest part of formal makeup is the eyes. Youtube has 5 million videos to help with technique for eye makeup, so just look around on there and see if there is anything you like.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    This is the strangest tip you will get, but I swear it works and makeup artists are catching on and it's their little secret.
    Save yourself a bundle on primer and ue Monistat anti-chaffing cream as primer. It makes your makeup glide on like silk, and stay on.
    I know it's weird, but it works. :)

2nd tips is try eyelash extensions if you are not good with false eyelashes and want your eyes to really pop.

3rd is a hint of white eyeshadow in corner of eye blended well also makes eyes pop.

Last, less is more sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards