Florida-South Florida
Options

Cold Feet???!!

I think I've written about vivid dreams before, but man, nine days out they're getting AWFUL.  And they have a recurrent theme: Ghosts of Boyfriends Past.

A few nights ago I dreamt with a guy I dated right after my separation from my ex husband.  I haven't even seen that guy in over two years.  Well, that night I had this dream that we made plans to meet up in a public restaurant so that he could give me back a bag of my stuff with toiletries and other things I had supposedly left at his place (I NEVER went to his place so this makes no sense to me).  When he handed me the bag we started making out and...I kinda liked it.  

The following night I dreamt with my elementary/middle school crush (I liked this guy for about four years and the bastard never gave me a chance, although truth be told I was ugly as sin in middle school) and we saw each other and he gave me a foot rub, trying to "show" me what I would be missing out on if I married someone else.

And then last night I dreamt that I was in a train looking out the window in Coral Gables and the only thing I could focus on were the window displays of the bridal boutiques and with each passing boutique I would get more and more nervous to the point that I ended up texting FI to tell him that I couldn't go through with it...I cancelled the wedding!! I remember in my dream the day came and went and I was looking sadly at my wedding dress thinking to myself "I knew I would never get the chance to walk down an aisle." 

Oh my goodness, and when I woke up I looked at my phone like NOOOOOOOOO! PLEASE tell me this was all a dream!! And I browsed through the text messages and realized it was all a dream.  

What the hell is WRONG with me? Is this called cold feet?? Cause it's a little damned late for that!  I'm almost afraid to go to bed tonight...who's going to show up next??

Re: Cold Feet???!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no i dont think its cold feet. i just think your wigging out cause your 9 days away!!!
    as long as emotionally you dont have any attachments to the past. i think your good ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we all have dreams like this. My normally go the route of ending up married to someone else and I start crying because FI is the best man or something silly.

FI has told me he had a dream where I called off the wedding.

It's probably all just stress. I don't think it's "cold feet." I've always thought of cold feet as having a freak out thinking about spending the REST OF YOUR LIFE with the same person.

Edit: I originally mentioned a feeling of dread, but I think that's more than cold feet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...I definitely don't have any emotional attachment to the past.  I'll think about an ex every once in a while and wonder how he's doing but they were all train wrecks in one way or another so I don't feel any type of nostalgia.  It's just kinda freaking me out.  Jose told me he had this dream that we went to a swinger's club and I was having sex with some random guy and he got so mad he just stormed out.  And he NEVER remembers his dream so you can imagine how much that one disturbed me.  He then went on to ask me if I have ever, am currently, or would ever cheat on him. Undecided  Slapped him upside the head.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Janet:

Definitely dont' think it's cold feet.  I've had dreams like that and i'm 5 months out.  It's normal.  All the stress we're under... possibly pregnancy hormones my dear?!  hehe

You'll be fine!  Tell your dreams to quit it!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww janet!
    I can def relate
    I would wake up super upset and mad because the bitter thought of the dream lingers throughout the day
    But I dont think its cold feet either, I just think you are 9 days away from your big day, its IS a super mega huge decision and commitment you are making and its only healthy (i think at least) to feel the weight of the commitment and big decision, it shows that you know how huge (and amazing) it is.
    Just pray before you go to bed, that always helps with crazy dreams for me <3

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    wessica79wessica79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to my world! I have been having nightmares for two weeks and was so fed up this morning I started to cry! But my nightmares have been about the wedding, walking in and nothing being set up, not having my nails or hair done and all of my regular salons being shut down when I went, everyone laughing at me as I walk down the isle, hating my dress, my FI not being at the alter when I went to walk down the isle, people not showing up.... I hate the dreams, I just want to sleep!!

I have been having major dress regret. I don't love my dress like I did 5 months ago. It sucks! I think that is part of what triggers the dreams. No idea, but I don't like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww Jessica...I know what you mean; I had a dream that my linens weren't the right color and that I was mad because I had paid money for them, I've had dreams that my hair comes out look hideous, that my teeth fall out, all sorts of shizz! About the dress regret, trust me, when you see yourself in it, all dolled up and beautiful, you're going to fall in love with it all over again. :)

Candis and Flor, I know you girls are right, and I think I'm definitely going to pray a little harder...I am happy I'm doing this wedding but I almost can't wait for the day to just be over so I can relax a little.  :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have your solution....

Don't sleep!  lol

Works for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHAHA! Girl, I can't STOP sleeping! I'm hoping I can stay awake long enough to say my vows at the church!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ive been having alot of those same dreams...running into exes. not being ready, not looking good, having my sister do my make-up and makes me look like a clown....Its just the stress of it all from being so close. We'll be ok (and sleep better) after the wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Remember that the important part is how you feel when you're awake. Dreams can be triggered by so many things including stress. Getting married (even without the planning part) is stressful all on its own since you are merging your life with someone else's. However, when you're awake you know that this is the right decision so that is what should guide you.

Plus the subconscious is funny sometimes. Who knows if your exes are popping up to remind you of what "train wrecks" they are/were and how wonderful you FI is. Silly mind...

Good luck and sweet dreams!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AMAZING how the mind works. Yea I defnitely think its stress related. You're almost there, so don't even stress it.
    Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol
    your teeth fall out...dang girl
    you made me laugh

BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dont worry girl ive been having those dreams already ...lol... crazy ....i just think its wedding stress and thinking about stuff too much! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :)  Thanks ladies, you girls are awesome.  I'll just go about chanting "It'll all be worth it in the end, It'll all be worth it in the end!"  Tongue out
  • Options
    KimA85KimA85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

More chanting?!  :)

Counting down until our 4th of July arrival! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha girl I have the most random dreams every single night, and I always remember what happened. Most of them are related to my day, or something on my mind. Yours in this case are a sign of your state now, you are nervous, waiting for something that you have been wanting to get here etc. So don't take it that way, things will come out great and happiness is in the future for you and you family. Like the saying Life is what you make of it =)
  • Options
    wessica79wessica79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad to know I am not the only one who is having crazy dreams! They are so annoying!!! 16 days.

I hope I fall back in love w/ my dress!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nah, girl. Cold feet is way different from having a coule of dreams! You're just nervous ;) Relax.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again, ladies...Kim, you made me LOL =D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards