South Carolina-Charleston

Beach wedding, any pointers or tips would be great!

Just engaged!  We want to do a beach wedding.  Thinking of renting a beach house for the reception...  The date is not set yet, but i am going to try to shoot for October.  Does anyone have a cheap and quick tips for me?

Re: Beach wedding, any pointers or tips would be great!

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    October is one of the busiest months b/c it is when the weather starts to cool off and I know of vendors who are already booked up for that month so you should definitely get started asap with booking people! Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

i'd consider a Monday or Friday wedding, most vendors give great discounts during the week. another reason to consider a weekday is because like the PP said it's a busy month in Charleston in October! best of luck with your planning!

• edited December 2011
    You better get planning.  Our wedding is Sept 25th (we also looked at dates in Oct) and we started planning in January.  That is a HUGE time of year for weddings in Charleston and lots of vendors..caterers...photographers...dj's etc are already booked.  If you're ok doing most of it yourself...rent a house, get prepared food from one of many places who offer it, have a few friends volunteer to bartend for an hour or so each during the party afterward and hook up your ipod.  You can get married on all the beaches and I don't think you even have to get a permit.  Just tell everyone where to be and have them show up.  Good Luck and Congratulations!! 
  • kpope51486kpope51486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI...You do have to have a Permit to get married on the beaches (just did it on June 26th at Folly Beach).  Folly is the only beach that will allow you to have a ceremony with paid vendors (ie: officiant, photographer, rental chairs, etc.)  We did the beach house reception thing as well...email me at kpope51486@me.com if you have questions or want more details. 
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check the tide charts and sunset time before you set the date and time. Folly Beach has LOTS of great houses....you can find them on vbra.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards