Wedding Etiquette Forum

mixed drink suggestions

Our venue has a weird contract regarding alcohol. Beer wine and alcohol are allowed. but no kegs. and no open bottles of liqor. So you can have pre-made cocktails in say, a punch bowl or drink dispenser, but you can not have the botle of vodka there.  I know. Weird.  So we're planning on offering beer and wine, and then premade mixed cocktails. 

Suggest your favorite drinks that can be "made in advance", please! :)

Re: mixed drink suggestions

• I would do some kind of rum punch, that's always good.  lpstl has a recipe for Dead Grandma punch that I've wanted to try.

Soda and alcohol always seems to go flat, so I'd avoid that.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Margaritas
    Cosmos
    Rum Punch
    Mojitos

What about a Champagne Cocktail bar?  Have mixins, like fruit juices and syrups and such that guests could add to champagne. 

Can you have just alcohol in dispensers (instead of in bottles) and add mixers to that?  As in, a loophole.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I agree with Brie. I'd just do a sort of punch where you mix fruit juice, a couple kinds of liquor, and some fruit slices. You could also do a spiked lemonade. Keep them chilled, and put them in a few of the dispensers like this:

See full size image

• I love Lemon Drops! I think we are gonna have em at my wedding, and on save-on-crafts.com they have these rock sugar stir sticks, so since they are pretty tart you could stick one in and let it dissolve a bit, it'd be cute and sweeten your drink!
    Photobucket
  • Are you looking for signature drinks or just a lot of stuff?

I think a lot of people will drink vodka, so you can throw that into a punch.

I second margaritas and mojitos. They're both really popular in my area.

I'd also do something with a high alcohol content. I like mixers with my alcohol, not vice verse if you know what I mean. So try to do something that mixes a few kinds of alcohol together, so the bar tender can dispense it and then top with soda at the bar or something.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Sangria.  I can't believe I forgot that one.  Red AND white.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards