Flowers

Experience with FiftyFlowers?

Hello ladies,

I don't post here often, but I figured this to be the right board to post my question. I am weighing the options of DIY my centerpieces and bridesmaid bouquets or going with a florist for all of our arrangements. I ran across the site fiftyflowers.com. Does anyone have any experience with them? The prices seem to be reasonable so I'm actually wanting to know more about quality and service for fresh flowers. Thanks in advance...maybe this post can also help other brides-to-be that may be considering DIY.
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Experience with FiftyFlowers?

• tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I googled the words 'fiftyflowers' with the word 'scam', then the word 'ripoff', then 'complaint', then 'BBB'.  There were very few bad reviews & most were the same person's complaint.   HTH
  • lvariyvettlvariyvett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am thinking of using FiftyFlowers. I read a lot of good post about them, and you are correct the flowers do seem reasonable.  However, I am only going to use them for the table centerpieces, I think I will have a pro do the rest.
  • AlisonM304AlisonM304 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking into them as well because I would rather make my own arrangements. I haven't really heard anything bad about them with the exception of what tommyandy said.
    I actually plan on ordering something random (maybe a small version of what I plan on buying for the wedding) off of there before I order my wedding flowers to see the product. I'll let you know what I find (though that might be a while). Maybe you should do the same just to check it out?
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. I had a floral consultation today and the florist said she was "especially interested" in my wedding because she likes the venue and wants to add it to her portfolio since she's only done weddings there twice and didn't get the shots she wanted. With all that said, she gave me an unbeatable deal. I never sign on the same day so I'm sleeping on it after I discuss it with FI, but I think I'd be crazy not to take her up on what she's offering.

I still plan to use Fifty Flowers for a family event this summer though so I will keep you all posted on what I think about them.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I used fiftyflowers and I had a great experience with it. The flowers came when they were supposed to and looked amazing! I was able to do all my centerpeices, bouquets, bouts and flowers at the church for under $200.
  • emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I never had experience with fiftyflowers but i heard they are good. i have used theflowerexchange.com in the past and they are wonderful too. i am going to do my own centerpieces the day before the wedding, but i'm having a florist do the bouquets and bouts for the day of. maybe you can try to find an inexpensive florist in your area and if you like that person go with them and pick cheaper flowers, like roses. i know roses are always cheap and they last long too!

Also, think about the amount of stress you're going to be under the day before your wedding. you'll have the rehersal, prewedding jitters, etc. do you really want to do the bouquets and bouts too? i would stick with just the centerpieces and leave a professional florist to the rest. hope this helps!
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I took a pic from fiftyflowers to a florest and said I want these flowers and bouquets like this for all of my girls and bouts for the guys all using these same flowers... and for this price (not telling her I could get all of this for the price I quoted).  She actually countered what I said I wanted with several other suggestions, saying that for my budget only my fh and I could have the flower I wanted, and everyone else would have to have something else.  Then after we agreed to that so she could come up with the quote, she actually came back with an estimate over $200 more than we told her we could afford...I dropped the florest to do the flowers myself.  So I was going to use them, but then I found the flower I wanted on theflowerexchange.com for a lower price, and can get more of the one flower I want vs their wedding combo for about the same price! 
    Oh, and most of the bad reviews anywhere for this website are all complaining that white flowers are not white enough!  rediculous!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want truely grower direct flowers and not buying from a middle man go to http://www.lwflowers.com. These are the growers that supple the flower industry. You will see there products at wholesale houses across that nation. Buy right from the source and save moey. We are also th supplier for alot of David Tutera's venues. Give us a lool, you will not be dissappointed.
    Thanks
    Rob
    http://www,lwflowers.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards