Wedding Party

Bridesmaids

My future husband and I have both asked 4 people to stand up with us at our wedding.  It is 6 months away and one of my bridesmaids can no longer be in the wedding.  I am actually going to order the bridesmaids dresses this week and don't know what to do.  There is no one else that I really want in my wedding and I don't want to just "fill the spot."  Can I have an uneven number of people (3 with me, 4 with him) or will that be weird?  Any other ideas?  

Re: Bridesmaids

• Keep your uneven numbers.  You don't want to ask someone just for the sake of numbers, that's just silly.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Uneven sides are totally fine.  DH and I had 3 and 4, respectively.

This question is also answered on the first page of the board in the title (right under where it says "Wedding Party") and covered in the FAQ.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Uneven sides are perfectly ok. Don't replace her.

Just confirm with her that she won't be in the wedding before you order the dresses.
  • Uneven is fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards