Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Food!!! I need help!!

My  wedding  planner  thinks I  need  to  get  someone  else  to cook  my  food for  a  wedding  of 60. which in most  cases would  be  a  good  idea  however I  have  spaical  diety  needs and  can't  have  alot  of  think  because  of my  kidney  and  I  want  to  eat  at  my  wedding I cant  even  have  my  cake  (which I  dont  care  about I am not  a  cake person) So  I  am  going  to  have a  cookie  cake!!  But what  should I  do  about  the food I do  what  to  eat  at  my own  wedding!?

Re: Food!!! I need help!!

• Who you were planning on cooking?  You, family, friends?  You'll have enough to do without worrying about cooking and you should really encourage your friends/family to enjoy themselves and not worry about having to cook the meal.

You said you have dietary restrictions but any good caterer should be able to work with you to provide a meal that you can eat.  Hiring a caterer =/= you not eating.

• I agree with Duckie. Just let the caterer know about your dietary restrictions. Even if you can't have meat or dairy and need gluten free food, they'll be able to come up with something.

You'll already be way too busy and stressed in the 2 days leading up to the wedding without having to cook for 60 people.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Also, worst case scenario, you could have special food prepared for you.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Yep, your planner is right.  You need a professional to cook for 60 people.  And, any professional should be able to fix a meal for you that you can eat.  Your guests can be served the same meal, or something different if that's necessary.  Hire a caterer and tell them what you can and can't eat.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I agree with the Wedding planner.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • that makes sense... listen to the wedding planner...
    if you're very concerned that the caterer won't be able to cook your food, have a loved one cook separately for you...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards