Illinois-Chicago

Plus Size Wedding Dresses

So I am a size 18W and I'm really nervous about wedding dress shopping. I really don't want to go to a shop and have to just hold up the dress and decide that way. Does anyone know any wedding dress shops that carry larger sample sizes? Thank you!
209 Invited image
141 Can't Wait image
19 Have Something Better To Do image
49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plus Size Wedding Dresses

• edited December 2011
    I totally understand your worries.  I was the same way. I went dress shopping at two places, House of Brides and Davids Bridal.  HoB was terrible and didn't have a single dress I could wear.  David's Bridal on the other hand was fantastic.  There were TONS of dresses I was able to try on.  If they didn't fix exactly, I was at least able to get them on and they clipped in the back.  It ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be.
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    I'm the same size and was worried about that too.  I've heard Kasia's has a good selection.  David's Bridal also has quite a few.  Enzoani now has a trunk show that's called Gorgeous with Curves.  You can check out their website to see if they have a trunk show that'll be within the area.  I ended up going to Kathryn's in McHenry because they carry Maggie Sottero (after researching, I knew I wanted one of her gowns) and had plus sizes.  I found after trying on many designers, that I could go down to a 14 and get it on but not get it closed in the back, but I still could get a pretty good idea.  There was also a salon in Lake Zurich (now I can't remember the name of it) that sent me postcards that said they carried plus sizes.  If all else fails ask them when you call to make an appointment.
  • amiredmanamiredman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go to find plus size wedding dresses that I would be able to try on?  Thank you in advance.
  • edited December 2011
    House of Brides actually has a store front called Diva Bridal now in Glen Ellyn. I was pleased with their selection. I didn't end up purchasing there but it was a decent experience.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • amiredmanamiredman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was too.  That is where I tried on and purchased my dress.  It was great and my mind was at easy becasue I could fit into many of there dresses.  If you are looking for a plus size gown this is the place to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards