Virginia

Restaurant suggestions in VA Beach

Hello! We are getting married in July in VA Beach. We are not having a huge reception, just planning on going out to dinner somewhere. Any suggestions on a great place?

Re: Restaurant suggestions in VA Beach

• rachelellisrachelellis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steinhilbers!!!  On the water, so would make for some great pics. great food!!  A great mix of nice and yet relaxed as well. 
  • marjo1213marjo1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for places only at the Ocean Front?  Maybe try Mahi Mah's, Catch 31 or Salacia.
  • vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WATERMAN'S!!!!!! Its my favorite place!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey bride!  I've just started my wedding planning/coordinating businnes in Virginia Beach and I'm also a recent bride myself.  I've lived here my whole life and I've had my fair share of restauranting.  Here we go...

Terrapin, not well known and recently renovated, the Terrapin offers a seriously awesome menu.  Kind of a quiet place, but the food is absolutely fabulous, top-quality.  Great for special occasions!

Steinhilbers is nice, in the back of a neighborhood on the water.  Very pretty, elegant, and quiet.  Great for a quiet evening of relaxation and conversation, but not ideal for a fun evening with friends... depending on what you're going for.  Great menu selection, quality food, prices are high.

Salacia and Catch 31, both in the Hilton Oceanfront on 31st Street.  Great atmosphere and great food.  Interior design is very modern and sleek, definitely different from the typical.  During the day or evening, I would request seating outside on the terrace overlooking the Boardwalk, or have drinks around one of the firepits.  At night, it gets pretty hoppin as the Catch 31 bar area is a hot spot for 20-30 something singles.  Great bands during the summers play at the small stage next to the restaurant and you can enjoy them from outside or inside.  Hang out in the rocking chairs after dinner!  If someone in your party stays at the Hilton, you can enjoy the evening on the rooftop bar, as well.

Waterman's is more of a local dive, just a large one.  Oceanfront.  Great local seafood and huge selection.  Not as fancy as the others, but more comfortable for a dinner out with friends.  During the summer, there are big concerts on the beach at 5th Street, so you might want to check the schedule.  Can be a good thing (listen to the band for free) or a bad thing (it's packed!)

Mahi-Mah's is also fabulous.  Good food, good drinks, a little more upscale than Waterman's, but not quite as nice as the first two.  Oceanfront.  Small stage outside of the restaurant has graet local bands throughout the summer, but it does get crowded.  Bar is busy late-night.

Croc's is a local place, not on the oceanfront but just about 5 few blocks away.  They're a "green" restaurant and also serve a variety of localy grown foods.  Smaller place, but very cool atmosphere.  More of a bar at late-night.

Tautog's is another local's place - built into an old house about a block from the oceanfront.  Good food, great service.

More restaurants:
    Rockafeller's, on the Rudee Inlet
    Zoe's, near the oceanfront
    The Melting Pot, great for a group
    Il Giardino, one block from the oceanfront
    No Frill Grill
    Burton's Grill

One Fish, Two Fish, on the river

Hope this was helpful.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me! 

Email: meghanblairweddings@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards