Missouri-St Louis

Hair and Make-Up

I just found out that my stylist is going to stop doing hair!  I had her booked for my May 8, 2010 wedding but am going to have to get someone else booked rather quickly.  I am also looking for recommendations for a good make-up artist.  I am in the South St. Louis County/Fenton/West County area.  It would be nice to have hair-make-up people that will travel to where I am the day of the wedding, but I can go to them if needed.  My budget is fairly open for hair and make-up since I think they are an important part of the day! Thank you in advance for the advice! 

Re: Hair and Make-Up

• edited December 2011
    Please let me know if you find someone... I have a similar post for a May 1st wedding, and I have not gotten any solid recommendations.  I do however, know that the Season's Salon at Ronnie's Plaza has a few good stylists there that you may want to look in to.  I believe Kate was the person who just did my friend's wedding and she did a really good job (and she traveld!)
  • Sn2BLeeSn2BLee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using April Schaffer and Cindy Rushing of Panache for my April 24th wedding.  I haven't had any trials yet, but got the recommendation from stlwed dot com. 

http://www.realpanache.com/Panache/index.html

I've also heard good reviews on Holly Speakes who I believe does hair and make up.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/O-Fallon-MO/Makeup-By-Elisabeth/112353078491 is amazing!  I only have her facebook page but you should be able to contact her that way.
  • edited December 2011
    I am a professional freelance makeup artist.  Ive done over 20 weddings in the St. Louis area.  I also work for a very reputable makeup line.  You can email me at dshanks@hazelwoodschools.org if you are interested.
  • shawna77inilshawna77inil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Mane Attraction in Collinsville.  They do travel if you need them to and also do hair, makeup and air brush makeup.  We were just going to use them for makeup and then my hair stylist bailed about two weeks before the wedding.  The WONDERFUL ladies at Mane Attraction squeezed us in with three other weddings in the salon already booked that day.  There were at least 20 people (probably more like 30) getting various services that day and we were all completely done and out the door by noon.  They were just awesome all the way around, and no one's hair fell even through all the dancing.  They were great!!  We had a total of 14 services (9 hair, 5 air brush makeup) and it was right at $600.  That's less than $50 per service, so I was tickled pink for wedding beauty that wasn't 75 bucks a head for an updo.  (we all had updos)  I would ask you to pass my name and let them know I recommended them if you decide to go there, but then it looks like I'm only talking them up for free services, so I won't.  They just did a great job.  LoL  We went in with no trials and our fingers crossed and I was thrilled.  Give them a try.  :-)   
  • edited December 2011
    I booked with Holly Speakes, her website shows some of her work and she has had good reviews on the other boards.  I haven't had a trial yet, but I'm not concerned.  She travels and her prices were fairly reasonable.  (she also does air brush makeup)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards