Oklahoma

HELP! - Looking for beautiful AND budget venue near OKC

I am looking for a venue for our wedding reception with a sit down dinner of app. 75 guests, within 45 min of OKC. I feel like I've looked all over the internet and everything is SOOO expensive. Am I missing an obvious venue or something? I am wanting something with a little character, nothing too modern. More on the rustic or at least formal end of the scale. We are aiming to spend about $5,000 total. Also, I haven't really checked into any hotels, I just figured they were too much. Any thoughts on a hotel?

Re: HELP! - Looking for beautiful AND budget venue near OKC

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Palace Event Center?  It is on Banner Road between Yukon and El Reno.  I know they have a few options to choose from as far as pricing goes.  Tisha (our mod) got married at the Round Barn in Arcadia, and her pics look awesome.  There is also a winery in Luther that looks pretty and is reasonable; I think it's called Trea Suenos or something like that.  I recently found out that UCO does weddings, but not sure on the pricing.

Hope that helps and good luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    I would think a reception only for 75 people could easily come in at under $5000.  Have you looked at Castle Falls?  It's got that rustic, romantic look and feel to it.  One of the other girls is having her reception from her destination wedding at Rococo.  Have you considered renting a private room at a restaurant? 
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Castle Falls would be over the budget of 5000 for 75 people. When you say 5000 is that simply for the reception venue and food? Or are you talking entire budget?
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_looking-beautiful-budget-venue-near-okc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:36a92a2f-8074-4192-b902-fb9109175597Post:c3a96701-15fc-490d-bd1f-7bab8f82c494">Re: HELP! - Looking for beautiful AND budget venue near OKC</a>:
    [QUOTE] Tisha (our mod) got married at the Round Barn in Arcadia, and her pics look awesome.
    Posted by amyaschoenfelder[/QUOTE]

I'm blushing!  :-)  It really was a REALLY great place to get married.  Very friendly people there, who TOTALLY leave you alone and let you do your thing.  But are there for you if you need anything.  And all of your guests will remember it, for sure.  :-)

This might sound off-the-wall, but we also looked at the OKC Zoo and if I had gotten my way, that's where we would have gotten married.  It was more expensive that the Round Barn, but not outrageous.  And of course everything is so pretty there, all year round.  They have 3 or 4 different places in the Zoo where you can hold weddings and receptions (or any other kind of party.)  And they allow alcohol, which the Round Barn does not.

And that's the main reason we didn't look at the Round Barn until WAY late in the game.  But it all came down to budget for us.  And I don't regret it at all.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mnkennemnkenne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the responses, you guys are awesome!

Basically, I'm trying to keep the reception and food under $5,000 (including DJ, limo, alcohol, decor, cake, photographer, flowers, etc.) I expect my dress and invites and some of the other stuff to spill over $5,000. I'm just having a hard time envisioning how this is going to work and be as nice as I want it to be for our OOT guests (his family! Lol).  I REALLY wish I could afford a coordinator, the venue alone is STRESSING me out.

I considered the Round Barn - but no alcohol is not going to work. The Palace Event Center, Castle Falls, and Harn Homestead were all too much.

I'm still waiting back on pricing from Boulevard Event Center. And I'm still considering Old Trinity on Paseo (even though it's over budget, I'm in LOVE with the church!) and Festivities Event Center in El Reno. I might also look into Tres Suenos, Nonas downtown and the Meinders Hall of Mirrors.

Anyways, thanks again for all the suggestions! :)

• edited December 2011
    I really hope you find the perfect place that can do all of that, but with DJ, limo, alcohol, flowers, photog PLUS venue and food, it's going to be very tight.  It just all adds up so quickly!  Good luck and be sure to tell us what you find.  :)
    Photobucket
    December PS Sig Challenge - RINGS! Anniversary
  • hdblainehdblaine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Tres Suenos Winery and Vineyard in Luther. It about 14 miles east of the Round Barn in Arcadia. The owners are very nice and the price is very reasonable!

My budget is $3,500 and it fits perfectly with in my budget. :)

Here is the website: http://www.tressuenos.com/weddings.htm

Hope this helps!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend Old Trinity of Paseo...we love it and love love love the people. Depending on what you want, it may not be too far over budget...I know we are doing several things ourselves and it really ended up being less than we were expecting. EVERYTHING is customizable. You may also check into Rocky's Bricktown if you want a more rustic look...we had a birthday party there for my dad about two years ago and really considered it for the wedding/reception before I saw Old Trinity...they're really a lot of fun and super easy to work with...I can't remember pricing exactly, but seemed somewhere around there...
    Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My cousin got married at the Chateau at The Palace in Yukon.. It was beautiful! I'm not sure on prices though. 
  • edited December 2011
    these links helped me alot I LOVE the civic center and cannot wait to say our "i dos" at this awesome place!!!
  • VNEluvsAJBVNEluvsAJB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I realize this post is a little old but if you're still looking check into the petroleum club in downtown okc. It's got sites on the 34 floor and up of the chase building, no site fee but you have to use them for the food, they do allow alcohol and at night it's lovely to look out over the city lights. Hope this helps. Good luck, I feel your pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mmeekmmeek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi,
    i'm just starting to plan my wedding and the budget you were shooting for is around what we are going for as well, so i was hoping that you could shed some light on how you went about staying in your budget and cheap options you might have found in your planning.  Also wondering  where you decided to have the wedding and how the planning has worked out for you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards