African American Weddings

Airbrush Makeup For Women of Color

For anyone who has had this on their wedding day or doing their trial:
Was the makeup artist able to match your skin tone? I am scared that it will be too dark or look "ashy". I will go for a trial probably next month but I am curious.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150

Re: Airbrush Makeup For Women of Color

• edited December 2011
    I had it done for our engagement pictures and for the bridals last week.  Pics are in my bio.  Personally, I love it.  I have a lot of blotches on my face, so the coverage of that was awesome.  I think the skill of the MUA determines how well you will actually look.  Go for the trial and see how you like it.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had one of 2 trials...I really liked how I looked after the first one, but honestly, it didn't last quite as long as I expected it too. I have dark circles (gotta love genetics) that drive me crazy so it is important to me that they be covered for every possible shot on my wedding day. I plan to have her address that at the next trial, but all in all, it was beautifully done and I highly recommend it.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I had it done for my engagement pictures and I like the way it looked and I like how long it lasted.  Pictures are in my bio as well.  But I think it really depends on you and what your looking for too.  Once you have your trial you will be able to tell if it is for you.  GL
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My make-up artist did a perfect job matching my skin tone. It looked so natural. She actually mixes the color for each client so it's perfect.
  • edited December 2011
    I had trials and I really like it. It really feels light, unlike heavy foundation. And it is waterproof. Check out my blog for my pictures. www.brobsweddingblog.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    I too did them for my engagement pictures and she was able to match my skin tone. It took a lot of work because of the lighting in the room, but she ultimately got it.
    I thought the make up was too much but the photographer and my fi really like it and it came out great ont he pictures.

It lasted ALL day. I had to scrub my face at 2 AM to take it all off. lol!

Here are my e-pics  http://www.gregorypaul.typepad.com/gregory_paul_photographer/2009/07/engaged-1.html
  • redbonnieredbonnie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    im in the philly area and currently searching for a MUA that can apply good airbrush on AA women, can you recomend someone?
  • redbonnieredbonnie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    im in the philly area and currently searching for a MUA that can apply good airbrush on AA women, can you recomend someone?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards