Flowers

Flowers

I have a few questions.... I am just starting to look into my flowers. I want real flowers but my family gets headaches from the ones that have a lot of pollen (basically easter flowers are the worst). I am trying to figure out what flowers would look good and not give every one headaches. Our colors are royal blue, silver and white.

My other question is, I dont really want my flower girl to carry a basket with flowers. What other options are there?
Photobucket

Re: Flowers

• edited August 2012
    there are roses that don't give out fragrance, carnations and many others.  Your florist should be able to help you and if you don't have one google it.  My silk flowers were perfect and very reasonable lovetheblooms (one word) on etsy.com.  For the flower girl how about a pomander /kissing ball?
  • There's also signs or banners that the flower girl could carry. They might say "here comes the bride" ect
  • Gerbera daisies, spider mums, hydrangeas, and calla lilies do not set off my allergies.  All are available in white.  Hydrangeas are also available in blue.
  • My family is very allrrgic to pollen also, so for the real flowers we are having roses, hydrangeas, and Gerbera daisies. My mom has really bad asthma along with her alletgies, so she has opted for a corsage of fake carnations and daisies just to be safe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could use real touch flowers if real flowers are a problem. They look extremely life like. I personally prefer them because they don't die like real flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards