Rhode Island

Makeup recommendations?

Hi ladies!  I am getting married in Newport next June and was wondering who you all recommended for makeup?  I have booked Sam C for my hair based on all the wonderful posts I have read about her.  She said she also does makeup too- did anyone use Sam C for makeup, and if so, how did you like it?  She also gave me a few names- anyone use these people- Kristin Green, Krystal Turner, Allison Barbara, and Jennie K?  Does anyone have recs about these girls or anyone else?  Would love to hear what you think!  Thanks!

Re: Makeup recommendations?

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jennifer Hodge for my makeup.  The woman who's doing my hair recommended Jennifer.  I had my trial a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it.  She is friendly, funny, down to earth, and made me feel so relaxed the day of my trial.  She does airbrush makeup and I truly felt as if I had nothing on my face.  I don't wear a lot of makeup so it was important to me that I look natural and also don't have that "caked on" feeling.  I highly recommend at least setting a trial with her.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of great recs for Jennie K, unfortunately she was booked for my date.  I'm using Glen Badessa, but won't be having a trial until a week before my 8/14 wedding.  I'll provide an update after the wedding. 

Since you have so much time, you could do trials with multiple people. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have Jennie Kay for my date in Oct and I absolutely LOVE her!! Make-up is one of her specialties.  Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind giving me Jennie Kay's contact info?  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi There -
    All here info is here at her website. 
    http://www.jenniekaymurphy.com/ her phone is 401-230-5346.
    And you can check out her reviews on Wedding Wire here:  http://tools.marthastewartweddings.com/biz/jennie-kay-murphy-newport/113d605d07836c9c.html
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Krystal Treanor... haven't had a trial yet, but she's really nice and the pics on her website look great.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Jennie. My wedding is next weekend but I had my trial with her about a month ago. She was amazing. Makeup stayed on all day and looked great.  She's also doing my hair. She's got a very calming personality which I think will be very helpful on the day of the wedding. After next weekend I'll post reviews. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jane Sincere and she was fabulous.  She was very calming and great to have around that day.  We talked about all kinds of things unrelated to the wedding and that helped me to stay calm!  I highly recommend her. 
  • edited December 2011
    Kristin Greene! I am having my trial this week. She is the best--and SO sweet!
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sara Faella, she is absolutely amazing! I have a review of my trial on my blog. I tried the air brush make up because I don't really wear make up and I have oily skin so I needed all day coverage with little to no touch ups. Sara is very sweet and friendly. I love her calming personality too. She offers traditional and mineral make up as well. Her rates are super reasonable, no minimums or maximums and she charges the bride and her maids the same price. She does hair but I thought it would too much to book her for both.

Sarafaella.com - also check her facebook page for pictures of bridal consults and weddingwire.com for more pics and reviews.

• edited December 2011
    I used Kerri Parks at Skinplicity in EG.  They travel.  Their prices are on their website.  (I think $70 for the bride and $40 for the BMs?)  They were the most affordable I could find - for a good MUA.  (I did have a bad trial too, with another MUA.)  I also used Sam C for hair but didn't want to give her too much work.  Sam did the hair first, then that girl moved over to get her makeup done.  It worked nicely.  Sam started ~1 hour before Kerri started.  There were 4 of us who needed hair and makeup. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Allison Barbera.  I had my trial with her already and LOVED the makeup - plus she has the best personality!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Kristin Greene. She was originally booked on my date, but it fell through. She immediately emailed me to see if I was still interested. My wedding is in 6 weeks so I can post reviews then.
  • Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used & loved Glen Badessa!

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm lurking today (i hang on the RI Nest board now), but I thought I'd pass along my mom's information. She does wedding makeup. Her website is http://www.debhoughton.com/ I used my cousin, who is also in the buisness and her information is in my bio if you are interested.

Lots of luck! I SO miss planning my wedding!!!! :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I also used Krystal Treanor and she did a phenomenal job on all of us. She is very calming and organized. I had used Tara from Tada Yourself for my b-pics hair and makeup and she is also doing my make up for my TTD session next week. She is a such a sweetheart and fun to be around.

http://www.i-dofaces.com/
    http://www.tadayourself.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I used Kristin Greene a few times now; nothing but amazing raves for her!
    J & J 09.05.09 |My Blog | Married Bio

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards