New York-Hudson Valley

Florists

Hey Gals!

I'm looking for florist suggestions.  This is the last vendor check to be completed.  Otherwise, ceremony & reception sites are booked, block of rooms taken care of, photography/videography, DJ, limo, dress, girls dresses & cake have all be taken care of.

I have been to several, but all are above my budget by hundreds if not thousands.  What's frustrating me is that they aren't even offering up alternative ideas to help.

If you could make any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Ceremony is in Poughkeepsie & reception is in Cold Spring.

Thanks again & happy planning!

Re: Florists

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried Lucille's Floral Design in Fishkill yet? We didn't end up using her, but met with her during the planning process, and her prices were very reasonable. Her works seems very nice, and I know other Knotties have used her and have been pleased. I think she will work with any budget.

We used Flowers by JoAnn in Washingtonville. I can't recommend her highly enough, but Lucille's is closer to Poughkeepsie, so it depends how far you want to travel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We used Lucille.  She was awesome and her prices were great.

I went through her books and picked out acenterpiece that I loved. Turns out it was over $100 each which was WAY out of my price range.  She did something very similar for about $40/ each.  

• yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Adams Fair Acre Farms - Suzanne has been great to work with so far and lots of ideas to fit the budget.

(845) 249-2876

765 Dutchess Tpke
    Poughkeepsie

• sdomi639sdomi639 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not sure about distance but pearl river florist has been incredibly accomidating to our budget! Check them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Girls!

I met with a florist yesterday who was within budget & didn't have me changing ANY of my flowers which was a big thing for me.  I am going to meet with 2 other florists on the 9th & then I think we will be making our decision.  I think I am pretty much set on this one but the FH wants me to be sure that I am happy.

Best of luck in all of your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards