Not Engaged Yet
Options

This is Thor

I'm not good at feelings.

Re: This is Thor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe hes so pretty! I always love the blue ones.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's so pretty!!! I want him!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to have battle scars all over my hands. He's not completely used to me yet, but he is with FI. He comes home with us the day after Christmas.

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christmas Bird!!!  *giggle*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oohh... he's so pretty!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's beautiful!  My mum rescued an umbrella cockatoo (white and yellow) and he definitely left his mark on everyone's hands.  He'll get used to you.  You'd be surprised how cuddly big birds can be- my mum's cuddles in her hoodie and pretty much acts like a cat/dog... strange creature.

Enjoy him!!
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    He's gorgeous! Sorry, I'm not up on my birds. Is he a parrot or a macaw?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He is a macaw. A lot of the big birds are classified as parrots though, like macaws, cockatoos and African Greys.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks expensive! Can he talk or is he still a baby?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's got quite a mouth on him. He can say around 300 words.

True stroy: The night before last we were over at FI's parent's, where Thor currently is. We were all in the livingroom talking and Thor out of nowhere says, "Fvcker." We all start laughing. While we were laughing, Thor says, "HA HA HA That's funny!" He'll say that when he hears people laughing. It was just so fitting at the time.

He's got quite a personality.

• Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    edited December 2011
    He's pretty! And very entertaining, it seems!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

he is so cute. that is such a funny story! I hope he does not say that when you have someone over like a grandma or chruch goer. lol

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aw he's so handsome. I'm jealous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He sounds awesome. We have always had birds, but none that large. We have a conure who is really mean and a canary who actually loves to be handled. My grandfather raised and showed canary's. We have had love birds, other canaries, and a cockatoo. The friendliest is by far the current canary. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's so pretty!! My family has 2 cockateils, and I so badly wish they could talk like yours. Cute!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope Avie and Thor like each other. They are both males, so we'll see how it goes. Avie is so much smaller compared to him.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Both of my birds are males, and they love each other. I bet with time thor and his new brother will be the same way!
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • Options
    marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011

Zomg. That is one handsome bird! Lucky you! Love that he's got such a wide and colorful vocabulary, too. :)

• Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    That's great that you are excited. Birds have always skeeved me out. Sounds like there are a lot of bird owners on the board here, so that brings up a question. In middle school I had a friend who had a bird and she always had bird poop on her because the bird would poop whenever/wherever. Is this the case with all birds that are pets? Do you bird owners often find yourself covered in poop? This is an honest question.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That is one handsome bird! Gotta love a pet who will drop the f bomb. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-thor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3fd5b0d0-ed15-4312-b6fe-6704c1b536eePost:98996f07-42e6-4f77-93dd-138d88da0679">Re: This is Thor</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great that you are excited. Birds have always skeeved me out. Sounds like there are a lot of bird owners on the board here, so that brings up a question. In middle school I had a friend who had a bird and she always had bird poop on her because the bird would poop whenever/wherever. Is this the case with all birds that are pets? Do you bird owners often find yourself covered in poop? This is an honest question.
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

Birds metabolize food very quickly, so theyre pooping around every 20-30 minutes. Avie has only pooped on me twice when we first got him and has yet to poop on FI. The longest I have kept him on me is about 45 minutes. He's really good at not pooping on people. When I am playing with him, I'll frequently put him back in his cage so he can go potty. Then,. I'll take him back out again. If I'm just walking around with him on my fingers, he'll just poop all willy-nilly. I'm not sure how my experience compares to most other pet birds, but I have yet to see Thor poop anywhere other than his cage in the time I've been around him.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My birds don't usually poop on me. Sometimes if I'm holding them for a very long time they will, but normally they're pretty good with it.
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Huh. Ok, good to know I suppose. I guess my friend either held her bird too long or just had a bird that didn't really care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Lovely Auntie!  He is so beautiful.  Looks like he is living up to his namesake, the god of thunder or thunder mouth, I should say.  Birds are pretty I have always wanted one. :)  Did you name him or did he come with that name?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FFIL bestowed him the name of THOR.

DUN DUN DUUNNNN

• Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_this-thor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3fd5b0d0-ed15-4312-b6fe-6704c1b536eePost:623a2a2e-6eed-48d5-9466-27d54243e79f">Re: This is Thor</a>:
    [QUOTE]He's got quite a mouth on him. He can say around 300 words. True stroy: The night before last we were over at FI's parent's, where Thor currently is. We were all in the livingroom talking and Thor out of nowhere says, "Fvcker." We all start laughing. While we were laughing, Thor says, "HA HA HA That's funny!" He'll say that when he hears people laughing. It was just so fitting at the time. He's got quite a personality.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

Haha, this made me giggle a lot. I had birds when I was young. I don't remember what kind they were because I was really young, but they were white and yellow. They were named Sundance and Moondance. They were loud and dirty, but I loved them.
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards