Michigan-Detroit
Options

Venue help

Hello, this is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm looking for a venue and I'm pretty lost.

I'm in eastern Michigan, north of Detroit and on a tight budget.

I DO NOT want a church setting OR a golf course. I want something classy and elegant but different. I was thinking something like The Henry Ford (but distance is a problem) or a library.

Can you guys recommend anything?

Re: Venue help

• Options
    In Response to Re:Venue help:[QUOTE]Hello, this is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me.I'm looking for a venue and I'm pretty lost. I'm in eastern Michigan, north of Detroit and on a tight budget.I DO NOT want a church setting OR a golf course. I want something classy and elegant but different. I was thinking something like The Henry Ford but distance is a problem or a library.Can you guys recommend anything? Posted by Chelley331[/QUOTE]

The Longacre House in Farmington Hills is really nice!!
  • Options
    How about the Dearborn Inn?  It's classic and budget friendly.
  • Options

First off welcome to the board and congrats on your engagement.

You said you were on a tight budget, so what is that exactly?  Knowing numbers and what that number includes can help us help you.

• Options
    I second MMRoberts11, welcome.

If you go to my BIO link below, you can see pictures from our wedding at Greenmead Village. They have a chapel (you don't have to use it) and an historic home that can host a reception for less than 100 people. They supply the tables & chairs, you supply everything else (bring in your own caterer, alchol, linens, decor, etc). It's owned by the city of Livonia, and is at 8 Mile & I-275. Not sure if that's "too far" for you.

We had a wedding for 73 people that cost us under $6000. I did a lot of DIy stuff. It would help to know what you consider your budget to be in order for brides to help further.

Also at the top of the page there is a post-it pin with a subject line of "Vendors/reviews/prices". Everywhere that multiple brides have used is in there.

Welcome to the Detroit board!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards