Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

I NEED OPINIONS!!!!!!!!

My mom is driving me nuts....I am having 5 children in my wedding. the two youngest will be 7 1/2... I don't want the ring bearer to carry a pillow, i feel he will be to old.. and the flower girl to carry a little basket...
so i have seen the wooden signs that we an get engraved with HERE COMES THE BRIDE.... my mom feels that the kids will be to old to carry this down the asile.... it is 24x8...
i thought they could each carry a side down that way they are walking together..
OH and by they way, my mother told me 3 times in under 5 minutes how the kids are going to steal the show from me... jeeze.. thanks.
any thoughts???

Re: I NEED OPINIONS!!!!!!!!

• It's really unlikely that the children will steal the show. People will think, aw cute, and then when you walk in, eyes will be on you because you're the bride.

I don't know about whether or not they're too old to carry the signs. May I ask why you're having so many children in the wedding? What functions are they serving besides flower girl and ring bearer?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FI had 2 nieces and 1 nephew. I have 1 of each. I couldn't have some without the others.. so my Niece and his oldest Niece will be a Jr.BM.  his nephew will be a jr. groomsman the two 7 year olds are "flower girl and ring bearer" but i just don't want the traditonal things that they do.. KWIM?
    Basically our entire wedding party is family... his sisters, my sister, his bro in law, my bro in law, one friend for him.. and the rest the kids....
  • Johnsonk313Johnsonk313 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Have you asked the children what they want? They might not feel they're to old for the job. I have 4 children in my wedding. My oldest flower-girl is 8, and I thought that might be a little to old until I asked her what she wanted to do, and she told me FG. She has never done it before and wants to do it and she is excited to throw the petals. The same thing with my RB he will be 7 at the wedding and I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to be the RB. He has done that before at his parents wedding and loved it and wanted to do it again. So I would ask them. You know children are not shy about telling you what they want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • asking is a very good idea... their answers might suprise you. My 11 yr old niece actually asked to be my flower girl... i wasnt expecting it and already had her little 4 yr old sister in mind for the role! i figured she was too old but she said " i never was one and would really like to do it"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards