March 2013 Weddings

How much planning have you all done already?

Me?  None!  I got engaged 12-18-11, so it's still new.  I have been trying to get started but am having trouble finding a venue, so I can't really get anything else started without a place and solid date.  How much have you all gotten done?  Please don't say I am way behind on planning Wink  I am thinking with a year and a month ahead of me I still have time!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: How much planning have you all done already?

• If you were from where I am, you definitely still have time...I have no idea what it's like in Phoenix, though, just warm! =)   Most of the vendors I contact say "Oh, you're way ahead ... ", but recently there has been a lot of "I just booked a 2013 wedding last week/today/etc".

As for me:  We have been engaged since July, so definitely have some planning time on you, but we've booked:  Venue, Photographer, Videographer, Ceremony Music/Reception Band, and my makeup artist (because she's super cheap, good, and books earlyyy).

Once you get your venue booked, I have a feeling you'll start rolling ... that's what we did at least.  I had my eye on photo/video for a while...and we knew the band was a steal (and good), so we wanted to book them as soon as we could.

Good luck!!!!
  • We have our venue booked. We also "booked" our DJ and bartender (I say "booked" because they're friends and didn't require a down payment or contract yet!). We also have our wedding party picked out. That's all that's complete at the moment. Oh, and our colors.

I've been looking at dresses but haven't bought one. Also been looking at BMs dresses, but again, not picked out yet. As for everything else, I've just been gathering ideas and changing my mind every day on what centerpieces we want, whether or not I want fake flowers or attempt a fabric bouquet, what kind of food, blah blah. That's why I love Pinterest :-)

One of our bridesmaids and the best man are getting married June 1, 2013. We went to a wedding expo where she got a great deal on the venue she wanted, so she booked it (though she did have to change the original date). We decided to go look at dresses and she picked one out that day as well as the BMs dresses. So she's way ahead of me, haha. Another couple we know I think is getting married the weekend after, and I don't think they've really gotten anything done. Everyone works at their own pace!

I say you have a lot of time but you might want to get some of the big things out of the way, especially the venue. Depending on where you want to have the wedding and reception, some places book up far in advance so it's nice to get that out of the way.

Congrats and happy planning :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We've been engaged for several years, waited until we were out of college and had some money saved up..So up until now I've basically just been brainstorming and changing my mind a million times!!

You're not way behind!!  We haven't booked anything yet!  We had a venue picked out and right before we signed the contract we decided that we're going back to our original plan, an intimate wedding in Vegas!!  So now I'm back to square one, no idea where our venue will be!!

You have plenty of time, so don't stress!!  I know a lot of the vendors I have talked to say it's a bit early to book for 2013, although it's good so you can secure your ideal date.. The one amazing thing I'm coming across is the vendors are offering winter promotions, or lower prices for booking early!!  A lot say their prices go up for 2013!  Congrats and happy planning :)  We're here to help!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Crazybeautiful - I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but my parents got married at Little Chapel of the Flowers in Vegas. They wanted something that wasn't typical vegas chapel, glitzy, Elvis etc. It's actually been featured on TLC. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, I highly suggest it. It was such a fun wedding!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_much-planning-done-already?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:a6816007-2a6d-4c5c-a498-fdb1ef8b2bfePost:fc016db7-42d1-47d1-9132-3c2f45e09802">Re: How much planning have you all done already?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crazybeautiful - I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but my parents got married at Little Chapel of the Flowers in Vegas. They wanted something that wasn't typical vegas chapel, glitzy, Elvis etc. It's actually been featured on TLC. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, I highly suggest it. It was such a fun wedding!
    Posted by kayjohnson[/QUOTE]

That's actually one of my top choices :) thanks so much, it makes it easier to decide after hearing good reviews!! If you don't mind me asking, did they get married in one of the chapels or outside? Did you happen to see the glass gardens? I'm just wondering if the glass flowers look tacky!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I talked to my dad... They got married in 1998, so the gardens weren't there yet, I don't think. They got married inside though. It was very sweet!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome, thanks for asking him :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am from the Phoenix area too, Mesa, AZ. So if you need any suggestions for venues or anything, I'd be happy to help.

My fiance and I have been planning our wedding since Christmas 2010, but we didn't get officially engaged until August 2011 when we designed and had my engagement ring made.

We started by choosing our date, 3-30-13. Then we came up with the colors (lilac/turquoise/pink) and theme (Disney royal couples inside/Alice in Wonderland outside) and ideas for decorations. My mom and I started shopping the after Christmas sales the first week of January 2011 for craft supplies since we are DYIing a lot of stuff, and the best time to find stuff for cheap is after a holiday. My fiance and I went to our first bridal show the following week and I started DIYing the save the dates.

We picked and booked our venue in March 2011 and talked to our cakery about when to order our wedding cupcakes (we'll order them March of this year).

I got my dress, veil, and undergarments in July 2011 and we got my ring from the jeweler in August 2011.

We booked our florist last week and are booking our photographer this week. So the only thing left to book will be the DJ and towards the end of this year we'll order invites.

In between booking and ordering stuff we work on DIYing the decor and other things. Plus we just bought a house and I started my Masters degree.

Busy busy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got engaged at the beginning of January 2012 and honestly if I had the funds I could have it completely finished now.  Yeah, I know, I'm a little crazy-organized.  Seriously, you should see my binder!  Went and shopped for dresses today and the consultant was impressed! haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got engaged 12-9-11 and we are getting married on a cruise on 3-30-13. We alredy booked the wedding. Invitations are already sent out .We have the bridal party picked out. Now all I really have to do is find my dress and bridesmaid dress and accessories, etc, I am usually a huge procrastinator so i cant believe that i actually moved this fast! We have been together 7 years already so i figured whats the rush but my mom and sister kept insisting i pick a date!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • well i just got engaged a few days ago and we are already looking at a venue and i've already got a lot of ideas.
  • I got engaged 10-28-11, We bought the invitations only because they were on sale and they are DYI so we didnt need to have a solid date or anything, Ive also purchased my dress had my eye on it for a long time and two of my 3 girls have purchased there dresses. We have chosen a venue, but havnt locked it in yet hoping to do that this week to lock up our date. The girl vith the venue says  she has only booked april weddings for 2013. So your not to far behind I dont think.  ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • we are getting married march 23. 2013 and we have our church booked, venue booked, photographer booked, cater booked..... and I have got my centerpieces almost done and some other decorations. Going to look at dresses next month yippie. But now I feel like i have so much done I just want it to be here already!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i have my wedding venue (ceramony & reception) pretty much booked. just have to bring in the deposit. same with my bouquet. meeting with the wedding cake baker next week & officiant next month sometime. i picked out a bunch of decorations and now i just need to buy them. i'm so excited that it's coming together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards