Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Open Letters

Humor me.

Dear Mother-

Writing passive aggressive facebook statuses about not being allowed to get away for a few days is fuucking ridiculous. Grow.Up. already.

Dear Eeners--

If you hear about a 50 year old woman getting biznatch slapped in Georgia in 2 weeks, send bail money.

Thanks,
Me

Re: Sunday Open Letters

• Dear hiccups, go away. Sincerely, KB.
  • Dear Snippy,

If you're arrested in Georgia in two weeks I'll come pick you up from jail : )

Dear Body,

Stop telling me you're tired. I gave you way too much sleep already. Stop your biiitching.

Dear H, 

No, I will not stop making fun of your country and cheering on mine. Also? 11 medals > 2.

-Poke
  • Dear H.  
    I love when you're home, but I've asked you the last few times you've been home to change the lightbulb in the garage door opener and you haven't done it.  And I asked you yesterday to refill the container of dog food so I didn't have to lug a 35 lb bag around, which you also didn't do.  So now I am trying to serve dog food from the full bag in the dark garage.  Just because you are not home a lot does not mean you don't have to do these basic household upkeep chores.

I love you,

hormonal pregnant wife.
  • Sweet!! 

Loopy, I say next time, you guilt the hell out of him. "-i tripped really bad in the garage."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12344497-04dc-4539-919c-1df8ab493015Post:b7f9e31d-e887-44d0-bc63-cc745449e555">Re: Sunday Open Letters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sweet!! <strong> Loopy, I say next time, you guilt the hell out of him. "-i tripped really bad in the garage."</strong>
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

<div>I second this.</div>
  • Dear Squirrel - this is my deck and I am not leaving.  But feel free to help yourself to all black walnuts that keep falling.
  • Dear Monday,

Must you almost be here so quickly?  We took a long weekend and went to the islands, and just today, when I finally was starting to really relax, WHAM, H says, come on, time to head back to the city.  Could you get lost on your way to tomorrow please.

Sincerely,
    M-F worker
  • Dear Health issues,
    I don't have time to deal with you.  Since you refuse to clear up on your own, now I have to hope the doctor will see me tomorrow.  I am trying to deal with my mom's health issues, I don't have time for my own.  F off.

Sincerely,
    Me
  • Aww, Hockey : ( I hope you feel better soon!
  • Dear thank you cards,
    Please write yourselves. I really do appreciate how generous everyone has been thus far (especially since we are still pre-wedding), but I can only write the same thing so many times before I'm sure it looks disingenuous.
    Thanks,
    KB
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12344497-04dc-4539-919c-1df8ab493015Post:a082d8b9-0de2-412a-8213-2ff06e107fbb">Re: Sunday Open Letters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear thank you cards, Please write yourselves. I really do appreciate how generous everyone has been thus far (especially since we are still pre-wedding), but I can only write the same thing so many times before I'm sure it looks disingenuous. Thanks, KB
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

I second this one!  Holy tired out hand batman. 

KJB, how close are you?
  • Dear Uncle, STAY THE FUUUCK IN THE DR. Love, Your niece who likes a peaceful household
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Dear Dinner,
    Please cook yourself tonight. I am feeling way lazy and just don't want to cook anything, despite having a craving for mac & cheese. 
    Thanks, 
    AB
  • Oh, I have another one:

Dear Mom,

TK gave me a craving for Mac N Cheese. But you drank all the milk. Now I'm sad.

Sincerely,

Had-to-pour-the-noodles-back-in-the-box
  • Kelly I feel you on the notes. I hate saying the same thing over and over but then I realize most people won't compare thank yous.... Poke what counties are you rooting for? Dear NBC, You suck. You show what interests me for 2 minute clips, and then play volleyball (beach and floor) ad nasuem.
  • Dear FI,
    I get that you've had a stressful couple of months. Hell, you've had a stressful couple of years. You're still not 100% back on your game yet, and that's fine. However, I don't think it's that much to ask to have you compose a guest list of 21 friends and get their addresses. In fact, since it's mostly couples, you only have to send 10 or 11 texts, which can basically all say the same thing! I've been asking you to do this for 2 weeks and it's still not done.
    Tired of planning this wedding by myself,
    Angel
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meg - I'm rooting for the USA of course. But, GB gets my support when they're not competing against America. 
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Dear Chinese Take Out Food,

I am excited to eat you tonight but would really appreciate it if you could avoid my hips.  I'm trying to lose weight but you are oh so tempting!

Love,

Hungry and Lazy
  • Dear Dog, Please stop shedding. I'm sick of vacuuming daily. Love, Mommy Dear Laundry, Is it too much to ask that you fold yourself? I hate folding laundry. Love, Me
  • Dear 30 Day Shred, I hate you. You are very difficult for me and make my body sore. I really wish I didn't need to see you every day but I do. Let's get together again tomorrow. Your needing to get in shape buddy, Petal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dear cats,
    If you step on my stomach at night one more time I'm selling you to the circus.
    Thanks!
  • Dear Eeners,
    I think I may end up KUI again tonight. Company would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Love,
    Angel
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I should be here for real this time Angel. I don't know if I can get booze to KUI along too, unfortunately.

Gabrielle - that made me chuckle.
  • Dear Singulair,
    I love that you make it possible for me to breathe, and I tend to enjoy the whacked out dreams you give me, but this cystic acne you're causing?  Not cool.  Now I have to go to the derm, and that's a pain in the ass.  So if you could please keep up with the allowing me to breathe, and stop the acne, we'd be BFFs.

Dear paperwork,
    Please to be doing yourself.  I don't wanna.

Dear vacation,
    Two weeks is too long to wait.  Please come sooner.  I love my job, but I need a break.

Dear Box Kitty,
    Please let SOMEONE medicate you while we're gone.  You're going to be super stressed while we're gone, and you NEED your medicince or you'll be a giant, twitchy, anxious mess by the time we get home.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Dear FI,

If we ever move again, I beg you to get rid of some of your books, which 99.9% of them have not been opened in over 2 years! I really don't want to use every precious box we have on your books (that you don't use) when they could be used for things we actually use; nor do I want to spend 5+ hours packing your books and hauling them to another room again. Maybe when you haul them to the moving truck, into the house AND into the room in which they'll be stored (not to mention unpack them!), you'll agree :D Have fun moving the 32+ boxes of heavy books and magazines!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12344497-04dc-4539-919c-1df8ab493015Post:6cde227b-b7f6-43e6-9ee5-04ea51c417d2">Re: Sunday Open Letters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear FI, If we ever move again, I beg you to get rid of some of your books, which 99.9% of them have not been opened in over 2 years! I really don't want to use every precious box we have on your books (that you don't use) when they could be used for things we actually use; nor do I want to spend 5+ hours packing your books and hauling them to another room again. Maybe when you haul them to the moving truck, into the house AND into the room in which they'll be stored (not to mention unpack them!), you'll agree :D Have fun moving the 32+ boxes of heavy books and magazines!
    Posted by augurey[/QUOTE]

I have books that I haven't opened in 2 years, but I would not get rid of them.  Why did you pack them and move them anyway? 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-open-letters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:12344497-04dc-4539-919c-1df8ab493015Post:6cde227b-b7f6-43e6-9ee5-04ea51c417d2">Re: Sunday Open Letters</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear FI, If we ever move again, I beg you to get rid of some of your books, which 99.9% of them have not been opened in over 2 years! I really don't want to use every precious box we have on your books (that you don't use) when they could be used for things we actually use; nor do I want to spend 5+ hours packing your books and hauling them to another room again. Maybe when you haul them to the moving truck, into the house AND into the room in which they'll be stored (not to mention unpack them!), you'll agree :D Have fun moving the 32+ boxes of heavy books and magazines!
    Posted by augurey[/QUOTE]
    The idea of getting rid of books is totally alien to me.

And thanks pokepoke, they really are little terrors :)
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Dear husband,
    I am happy that you are ready and anxious to pack, but I'm relaxing. Go ahead and pack without me! I've packed some without you and I'm sure you'll do just fine.
    Thanks,
    Sleepy Wife

Dear Self,
    Get your ass in gear, girlfiend!
    Love,
    Self

Dear Time Warner Cable,
    Suck a big one.
    Not so thankful,
    Erin
  • I am getting rid of my books because I absolutley have to. If I wasn't moving to another country, those things would be going with me wherever I move. 
  • I'm a book hoarder, so Team Augery's H.  But I'd make him move his billions of books his own damn self.

Dear Muni's Back:

STOP HURTING YOU ASSHOLE.

Love, Muni
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards