Florida-West Coast

Beach Venues with outdoor reception sites?

Hi everyone.  Im trying to plan a destination wedding in the St. Pete, Clearwater, Sarasota, Anna Maria areas.  I so far have my heart set on The Sandbar b/c of the outdoor pavilion.  But I am a little weary about having so many out of town guests and not having a major hotel right there that is convenient.   I love the idea of having my reception outdoors, so Im wondering if anyone knows of any hotels (or venues very close to a hotel) on the beach where I can have my ceremony and reception outdoors?

Im thinking I will have around 75 guests, almost all out of town, and I'm hoping to keep my ceremony and reception costs around 7-10k.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Beach Venues with outdoor reception sites?

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sand key beach will arrange a tent and catering right on the beach for you, Sand petal weddings will also make it happen for you, Sheraton Sand Key also arranges this for you
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • kkmcnearkkmcnear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married on Anna Maria Island in June.  We had our ceremony on the beach and reception in the tiki hut at the Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki.  It was perfect!  We used Sand Petal Weddings for all the details and they were fabulous.  I would highly recommend them if you are planning from out of town.

There are no chain hotels on the island, but that didn't bother our guests who were almost all from out of town.  We reserved room blocks at a couple different places, but most of our guests found their own accommodations.  We suggested the Tortuga Inn (very nice, but a little on the pricey side) and the Holidy Inn Express in Bradenton (less expensive, but not on the beach and a 10 minute drive to the ceremony/reception site).   I was surprised people found their own places to stay, but it ended up working out just fine.

Congrats and Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Tradewinds and Sirata in St Pete Beach do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi We just had a beautiful wedding ceremony and reception at the Hyatt Clearwater. They have areas that invlude private terraces and rooftops events if you wanted it outdoors but off the beach.  They also offer a discount for all hotel guests.  I worked with Brandy Taylor-fabulous!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards